Windows 10: Dvd player wont show up as a drive

Discus and support Dvd player wont show up as a drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title said it won't show up at all I have a interior one on my pc and tried to make sure the cables are tight. and tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidAtnip, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Dvd player wont show up as a drive

As the title said it won't show up at all I have a interior one on my pc and tried to make sure the cables are tight. and tried uninstalling and installing them again what do I do. Here's what file explorer shows Dvd player wont show up as a drive ff2e7ac7-ead5-49e7-9dc9-9ed253c6e285?upload=true.jpg

:)

DavidAtnip, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

Bree, Aug 2, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drives wont show up

I tried setting the BIOS to factory defaults and that didnt work either.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Dvd player wont show up as a drive

CD/DVD drives wont show up

With a yellow " ! " at one point yeah. That was before I removed the upper and lower filters. However, now only the one DVD drive shows up (the now working one) but the burner does not. It is detected at POST so the BIOS recognizes it.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Dvd player wont show up as a drive

1. Dvd player wont show up as a drive - Similar Threads - Dvd player wont

2. DVD DRIVE NOT SHOWING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD DRIVE NOT SHOWING: Hi ,I install window xp from window 7 now dvd disk option is not showing please tell me what to do . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-showing/cd44255a-3e58-4b14-b0f0-78a4c12811fe
  3. Dvd / Cd drive not showing up

Dvd / Cd drive not showing up: Hi all i cannot find my cd drive in This PC from file explorer It is neither in device manager nor in disk management i did the registry key solution, used cmd, used troubleshooter i don't know what to do next help please!?!? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Dvd drive won't show up in one drive

Dvd drive won't show up in one drive: Hello dvd drive won't show up in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-wont-show-up-in-one-drive/b1f0647f-343e-4a17-a32e-b5802937d922
  5. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  6. External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...

External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't...: External DVD drive shows up under file explorer in drive D: but media player doesn't recognise it, how do I get the DVD to play? I'd also like to be able to use it as i did when i had one internal?? Thank you for any help!!...
  7. Hard drive wont show up

Hard drive wont show up: Hello, I have recently got a new computer and I wanted to take the old 1TB drive from my old computer and hook it up to my new computer. Unfortunately, this task has proven to be way harder than I’ve thought. I’ve gone to disk manager and tried to format the hard drive there...
  8. purchased a dvd player computer wont recognize it.

purchased a dvd player computer wont recognize it.: help....wont work...need to install drivers for some of the equipment... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-a-dvd-player-computer-wont-recognize-it/df74ef12-3723-4dd4-91f1-9df7c755d907
  9. DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read

DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read: My DVD drive was working fine yesterday it went into hibernate mode and upon logging back in the drive no longer showed in my drive list nor is it recognizing the DVD (I've tried multiple). I had several updates that I had been putting off so I allowed those but it did not...
  10. DVD Drive not showing up on my computer.

DVD Drive not showing up on my computer.: I have an HP Notebook with Windows 10. I recently purchased a USB DVD drive just to watch movies on my laptop, as it does not have an internal DVD drive. When I plug it in, the drive itself responds: the light flashes and the disc spins, as one would expect, but I get...