Windows 10: DVD problem

Discus and support DVD problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running 1909 with all updates. Neither drag and drop nor copy and paste to any type of cd or dvd media work. I can however read and save to cd and DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dick_blaine, Apr 5, 2020.

1. DVD problem

Running 1909 with all updates. Neither drag and drop nor copy and paste to any type of cd or dvd media work. I can however read and save to cd and DVD from application s. Also neither format nor burn appear in the context menu. I have tried 8-10 suggestions from the web. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/dick_blaine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dick_blaine, Apr 5, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. DVD problem

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

DVD problem

1. DVD problem - Similar Threads - DVD problem

2. I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...: I was in a hurry when I made the purchase and didn't notice. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-laptop-and-along-with-the-laptop/d6b76f8a-1428-46d8-9cf7-b858dd22c6c2
  3. I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...: I was in a hurry when I made the purchase and didn't notice. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-laptop-and-along-with-the-laptop/d6b76f8a-1428-46d8-9cf7-b858dd22c6c2
  4. Problem with DVD /CD Player

Problem with DVD /CD Player: Using windows 10. When I try to open cd or dvd discs on my PC I keep getting the message - Please insert a Disc into Drive E Occasionally it opens a few DVDs but not always. How can I resolve this matter....
  5. Problem with DVD /CD Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DVD /CD Player: Using windows 10. When I try to open cd or dvd discs on my PC I keep getting the message - Please insert a Disc into Drive E Occasionally it opens a few DVDs but not always. How can I resolve this matter....
  6. Problem with DVD /CD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  8. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  9. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  10. dvd drive configuration problems

dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...