Windows 10: DVD Problems - what cause?

Discus and support DVD Problems - what cause? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got this dvd drive on one of our computers and it'll play disks happily and then one swapping to another it'll refuse to recognise there's a disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abrogard, Feb 12, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

DVD Problems - what cause?

I've got this dvd drive on one of our computers and it'll play disks happily and then one swapping to another it'll refuse to recognise there's a disk in the drive and ask us to put one in.

But no matter what we put in it won't work.

Reboot the computer and start again and it's alright.

Strange behaviour. Anyone ever heard of anything like that?

:)

abrogard, Feb 12, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD player unable to play media files from computer.

Hello Chin,

We regret form the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to work through the steps below to identify the cause of the problem.

The problem could lie with:

• The connector cables/connections - are they securely fastened? Are they in the right place? Are all the electrical sockets in good working order?
    • The DVD disc itself - Check if a different DVD works
    • The DVD Player's optical reader (the lens which 'reads' the data from DVDs)

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if decreasing the speed of your burner while writing the disk help.

Hope the above information holds good.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 12, 2020
  4. DVD Problems - what cause?

I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD driver from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

DVD Problems - what cause?

1. DVD Problems - what cause? - Similar Threads - DVD Problems cause

2. What causes this problem in Windows 11 and is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes this problem in Windows 11 and is there a fix?: When i try to open my computer after a install of a fresh copy of Windows 11 it boots normally but then it says Just a moment for 10 seconds and then the computer completely shuts down when i try to open it the same thing happens over and over againBy the way i had no issues...
  3. Dvd problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dvd problems: When i enter a dvd+r that has already files on it, it detects the dvd but when i enter dvd-rw or dvd-r it doesnt even detect it like i didnt even enter it. Any one has a solution? submitted by /u/Strgo [link] [comments]...
  4. DVD Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Problem: My lap top has always played DVD's with no problem, but recently the content comes up on screen with the arrows for start and pause etc. but when I click arrow for play ~ nothing happens? Have tried trouble shooting with no result. Please advise..........
  5. DVD Problems

DVD Problems: Some time ago, about early March 2020, my DVD Drive suddenly could not read game DVDs that I commonly use. device manager reported that the device was working normally and the DVD Drive was present on the list of drives. Attempts to use the DVD Drive result in some reaction...
  6. DVD problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD problem: Running 1909 with all updates. Neither drag and drop nor copy and paste to any type of cd or dvd media work. I can however read and save to cd and DVD from application s. Also neither format nor burn appear in the context menu. I have tried 8-10 suggestions from the web. Any...
  7. DVD problems

DVD problems: After the last couple of update's my DVD will only recognize some disks but not others i.e. anything Adobe acts like no disk is in the drive. Some others also. Can't install software....
  8. DVD problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD problems: I have a dvd and when I put it into my pc, it says it's a dvd-r and a dvd-rw. It won't let me delete anything, and formatting doesn't seem to work either. I just want a blank dvd so I can burn files without the stuff that came with it. And for some reason it says I have 433...
  9. problem with DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with DVD: After installing Windows 10, I have a problem with booting up DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-dvd/a5075ae9-0d39-4640-be06-4a985da9c6fa
  10. DVD problem

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD problem: When I insert a DVD I see this. How can I fix this? [img] 87153