Windows 10: DVD problems

Discus and support DVD problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the last couple of update's my DVD will only recognize some disks but not others i.e. anything Adobe acts like no disk is in the drive. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Razor1701, Feb 12, 2020 at 2:37 PM.

1. Razor1701 Win User

DVD problems

After the last couple of update's my DVD will only recognize some disks but not others i.e. anything Adobe acts like no disk is in the drive. Some others also. Can't install software.

:)

2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. DVD problems

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 12, 2020 at 2:41 PM
Thema:

DVD problems

1. DVD problems - Similar Threads - DVD problems

2. DVD Problems - what cause?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Problems - what cause?: I've got this dvd drive on one of our computers and it'll play disks happily and then one swapping to another it'll refuse to recognise there's a disk in the drive and ask us to put one in. But no matter what we put in it won't work. Reboot the computer and start again and...
  3. Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface

Problem writing files to a DVD in an external drive on Windows 10 Surface: Just tried to write some files to a DVD in an external drive and keep getting a message - "There is no disc in the CD or DVD writer". What do I need to do?...
  4. DVD Drive Problem: Is it hardware or software?

DVD Drive Problem: Is it hardware or software?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop. When I insert a "new" DVD, then try to open it, I get message: "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:\. Make sure the disk uses a format the windows recognizes. If the disk is unformatted, you need to format it before using it"....
  5. DVD doesn't appear in Win10, I've done everything MS suggests. MS created the problem, why...

DVD doesn't appear in Win10, I've done everything MS suggests. MS created the problem, why...: Three different dvd's, including a portable, don't work on any of the three different computers running Win 10. I've tried every solution MS suggests, none of which work. The drives don't appear in File Explorer. They do in Device Manager, uninstall/install doesn't help...
  6. Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos

Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos: I used the new Photos app that comes with Windows 10, and spent hours and hours creating a new video using photos on my computer. I included a variety of features including 3D images, etc. When I completed the video in Photos, it seemed to create a good MP4 video file....
  7. dvd driver problem on windows 10 1903

dvd driver problem on windows 10 1903: I have a big problem with my dvd driver , I did nt have this problem with windows 7 or 8.1 . I do have this problem with windows 10 , each time I have to reinstall my dvd driver to recognize my dvd disk , and its annoying I did every thing deleting upperfilters , creating a...
  8. windows 10 DVD player problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 DVD player problems: We have two Toshiba Satellite laptops. The Toshiba DVD player worked fine until the Windows 10 updates. Now the DVD player does not recognize the DVD. Checking the Device Manager it says we have the latest updates and drivers. The Windows updates are more or less forced...
  9. DVD problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD problems: I have a dvd and when I put it into my pc, it says it's a dvd-r and a dvd-rw. It won't let me delete anything, and formatting doesn't seem to work either. I just want a blank dvd so I can burn files without the stuff that came with it. And for some reason it says I have 433...
  10. Windows 10 can BURN DVD via the EXPLORER, the problem is

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can BURN DVD via the EXPLORER, the problem is: when you look at the DVD "folder" before you copy your files to be burned, the "space" to drag/copy to already has a file called DESKTOP.INI that will be included in the burn. If you delete it, it just comes back. How do I keep that dumb file from being burned with my data....