Windows 10: DVD Question

Discus and support DVD Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My 17-inch laptop is 3 yrs old. I haven't used the DVD drive in quite a while because up to recently I had no reason to. I'd been listening to CDs with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FeliciaTurner, Aug 25, 2018.

1. DVD Question

My 17-inch laptop is 3 yrs old. I haven't used the DVD drive in quite a while because up to recently I had no reason to. I'd been listening to CDs with no problem, but now the DVD won't play. Is it true that Microsoft is now charging $14.99 to activate the drive? If so, why do I now have to pay for something that was getting for free? Can I go back to the default setting prior to this disastrous idea of charging for it?

:)

FeliciaTurner, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

3. IT101 Win User
    IT101, Aug 25, 2018
  4. DVD Question

DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

DVD Question

1. DVD Question - Similar Threads - DVD Question

2. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't burn my DVD question: After I used media creation tool, I can't burn my DVD because of iso file is too large. I don't my have flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-burn-my-dvd-question/0d46f624-1c43-4833-a49f-ff4741ae7539
  3. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't burn my DVD question: After I used media creation tool, I can't burn my DVD because of iso file is too large. I don't my have flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-burn-my-dvd-question/0d46f624-1c43-4833-a49f-ff4741ae7539
  4. I can't burn my DVD question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question: How much space would compressing 180 double-layer DVD images in .ISO format would...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question: How much space would compressing 180 double-layer DVD images in .ISO format would...: If it won't save any space, it's time for me to get Box Drive Personal Pro for $79.99 per year and move some of my content on OneDrive to my Box Drive....
  6. Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question: Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question I was attempting to delete all files on a DVD disc that holds 4.7 GB. I did a reformat and the disc now shows 0 files. I then checked the Properties for the disc and it still shows most of my disc full. See screenshot #35. I then...
  7. Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet Again DVD isn't recognized question: Hello folks, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home edition. I knew that Windows 10 does not play DVDs natively so after searching on this board, I followed instructions at https://matthill.eu/tutorials/instal...d-player-free/ to install free Windows 10 DVD player....
  8. Another DVD Player Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another DVD Player Question: Looking for a simple dvd player for new version of windows10, was using media center in build 10240 but lost it in new build.I want a player that will play entire dvd and all previews on dvd, is there such a thing. God I miss windows7 media player, was so simple to use. 31498
  9. External DVD drive question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External DVD drive question: I have a Dell laptop. Along with it I bought a Dell external DVD drive. The drive has about a 12"-15"cable with something I'm going to call an "inductance" clamp near one end of the cable. Some kind of large dongle which appears to be snapped over the cable. I don't see this...
  10. November build 10586 question about install disks(usb or dvd)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    November build 10586 question about install disks(usb or dvd): I have made install copies for Windows 10 update version(July 29 release). Does it work for this new November build? If not then how do I get new install copies for build 10586? I am satisfied with the first build. Big hassle to keep making install copies every 4 months....