Windows 10: DVD recognized but won't play DVD

Discus and support DVD recognized but won't play DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DVD recognized but won't play DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarolSeawright, Sep 18, 2020.

1. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

DVD recognized but won't play DVD

:)

CarolSeawright, Sep 18, 2020
  2. B. Herron Win User

PC won't play DVD

MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it"

B. Herron, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 18, 2020
  4. kukane Win User

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. DVD recognized but won't play DVD - Similar Threads - DVD recognized won't

2. Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD: Hi, I have just purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, downloaded app onto laptop as trial app said it was compatible, when i insert dvd the app opens and says "loading" but as soon as it's loaded and before it starts to play the app closes, i have tried to reset the app but...
  3. Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, but it won't play DVD: Hi, I have just purchased DVD Player for Windows 10, downloaded app onto laptop as trial app said it was compatible, when i insert dvd the app opens and says "loading" but as soon as it's loaded and before it starts to play the app closes, i have tried to reset the app but...
  4. dvd not playing even when recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd not playing even when recognized: I have an external dvd player that i use with my laptop. when i plug it in with the dvd in it, the system recognizes the disc there, showing the name of the movie that i am trying to play. the problem is, every time i press play, the external revs a bit but stops. I know that...
  5. DVD not recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD not recognized.: DVD not recognized. Trying to install new software and am unable to reach the disc menu. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-recognized/7cdba7d6-91dd-47cc-a9c8-1d4873150559
  6. Windows DVD player won't play

Windows DVD player won't play: It was working, now it's not. My Windows DVD player won't play. Neither will my VLC Media player. This started after the last Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-dvd-player-wont-play/4d6b0de9-9195-451a-beba-81bcd6cb4b2e
  7. LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Recognized But Won't Play DVD's

LG Slim Portable DVD Writer Recognized But Won't Play DVD's: LG Slim Portable DVD Writer, Model: SP80NB80; Manufactured May 2017; Rom Ver: RC00 As short as I can make it, I bought it from Amazon.com and had it shipped to me while deployed. I connected it to my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I can't remember if it came with a drive disk to...
  8. DVD not recognized

DVD not recognized: There is no IDE/ATAPI entry in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-not-recognized/6e816ced-304f-4cd1-b4d0-f98c0ced8436
  9. PC won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't play DVD: MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/pc-wont-play-dvd/916d849f-de30-4c64-9d4c-7774a9deeabd
  10. DVD will not play

DVD will not play: I have an ASUS 501ux laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't have an internal DVD player. I purchased an external USB3 DVD drive but the laptop needs something to play the DVD. It won't open the DVD. What do I need? 51767