Windows 10: DVD Recorder/Player not Reconsing Movie Disk are in the Tray?

Discus and support DVD Recorder/Player not Reconsing Movie Disk are in the Tray? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 DVD recordable drives, neither will load Movies. I don't mean they won't play movies I have programs that will play DVD movies Window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clintlgm, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Clintlgm Win User

DVD Recorder/Player not Reconsing Movie Disk are in the Tray?

I have 2 DVD recordable drives, neither will load Movies.
    I don't mean they won't play movies I have programs that will play DVD movies
    Window 10 will not recognize that a disk is in the tray at all.
    They both will read DATA Disk the issue seems to be Media DVDs
    I have tried deleting the High Filters this did not help
    I'm wondering that since these are 4 or 5 year old devices is there a possibility that DRM is what my problem is. IF so what is the work around or is there a firmware update that I should look for or will purchasing new devices be DRM ready? I really don't have a good understanding of how DRM works with computer and DVD Player/Writers, I had a similar problem with my TV/Monitor and DirectTV and Sling Box. The work around was to install a HDMI Splitter some how the splitter resolved the issue I have no Idea why.
    Anyone out there have a clue about this issue? I'm not looking for an illegal work around, I'm looking for the legit way to Play Movies on my computer I can play movies on my notebook with no issues it just seems to be an issue on the one desktop in my office. Its on windows 10 Pro 64 bit the latest updates and has been upgraded from 8.1 Pro 64 bit

:)

Clintlgm, Nov 29, 2017
  2. slance310 Win User

loss of dvd burning ability

Hi,

Windows will burn disks... That doesn't mean that some people don't have issues...

Windows 10 has more built in options for the type of burn, and that can cause problems if you don't know it's there... It asks more questions...

I'm not 100% sure what Movie Maker will burn...

Starting with Win 8, Windows Media Player will no longer play a DVD movie, whether on DVD or a file...

That may prevent Movie Maker from burning a normal DVD Movie... It might burn them as some type of .wmv or similar... Then whether they will play on your DVD Player depends on what type of file it is capable of playing..

As far as the formatting requests go, and the movies you burn not playing on a Set Top DVD Player, it may just be one of the settings...

Right click on your DVD drive in ThisPC and select Properties... Recording Tab...

The check the "Global Settings" and make sure both boxes are checked...

Then, with a blank DVD in the drive, right click on any small file and select "Send To", or "Cast To", or possibly "Burn"... depending on the file...

For now just try "Send To"... and select your DVD drive...

You should see a menu pop up to set how the disk will be burned...

If you want it to be playable on a Set Top DVD Player, it needs to have "With A CD\DVD Player" selected...

Let me know how that works out...

slance310, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Autoplay not working

My problem is that my DVD player sees every disc as being empty. Occasionally, it will recognize a pre-recorded music CD or a pre-recorded DVD movie. But mostly, no data is found.

kastnerpyro, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

DVD Recorder/Player not Reconsing Movie Disk are in the Tray?

1. DVD Recorder/Player not Reconsing Movie Disk are in the Tray? - Similar Threads - DVD Recorder Player

2. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  3. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  4. Inoperative DVD player/recorder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inoperative DVD player/recorder: For some reason the DVD recordrer/player in my Dell Inspiron desktop does not recognise a brand new blank DVD disc. Any comments on how this can be addressed?...
  5. Inoperative DVD player/recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inoperative DVD player/recorder: For some reason the DVD recordrer/player in my Dell Inspiron desktop does not recognise a brand new blank DVD disc. Any comments on how this can be addressed?...
  6. Inoperative DVD player/recorder

7. MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player: So, I was used to being able to use free dvd players.. for many years, although I very seldom put a dvd movie into a usb dvd drive. I decided I wanted to watch a movie had had that was sold on dvd from maybe 15 years ago, and have a couple decent but older usb dvd burners,...
  8. windows DVD player does not work by tray--

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows DVD player does not work by tray--: Hello, I have a 8 year old DELL inspiron 6200--but works great, and I have windows 10 on it. PROBLEM: the windows DVD player worked perfectly--until about 3 weeks ago-- now, external DVD's put in the tower tray will NOT play-- tray works OK-- enter, eject-- but will not...
  9. DVD movies

DVD movies: My PC won't play DVDs. I've downloaded an app, but I cannot seem to make it the default media player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-movies/ae17573a-7bd2-407c-9235-8308d9001ee0
  10. DVD tray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD tray: how do I open the tray on my laptop? its a 3 year old Acer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-tray/86bf2c99-4f34-4107-8008-70d45a0fdd98