Windows 10: DVD recording wont finalize

Discus and support DVD recording wont finalize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Advice please. I am trying to burn a DVD+R RW Philips DVD with some pic's for a friend. I've done this loads of times before, albeit in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muts8979, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Muts8979 Win User

DVD recording wont finalize

Hi all

Advice please.

I am trying to burn a DVD+R RW Philips DVD with some pic's for a friend. I've done this loads of times before, albeit in the past, and never had a problem.

I am choosing CD/DVD in burn option not USB. I've tried different software and produced both UDF and CDFS
    file system disks.

Win 10 doesn't give me Close/Finalize option in menu (it's not even there) on any burns.

Have tried different disks and the the burn process all goes well but the properties box show some space still available on all DVDs so they aren't closed, also they don's play in normal DVD player.

I've tried different burning on different PC, and tried different brand of DVD in other PC, but same result.

I've tried InfraRecorder and get close option but doesn't Finalize.

I must be forgetting to do something or losing the plot somewhere, so any help gratefully accepted before I burn through a 100 DVDs.

Martin

:)

Muts8979, Apr 20, 2019

2. Finalizing DVD +R in Windows 10

My PC was recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I cannot finalize my DVD +R discs. I am burning recordings on to these discs and they need to be secure. Without the finalize step, the recordings can be deleted from the disc. Am I now forced to purchase
    software to take care of this requirement?

Victoria K_17, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 20, 2019
  4. DVD recording wont finalize

How to finalize a dvd?

Hi Ric,

Before you can use a recordable disc (such as CD-R, DVD-R, or DVD+R) formatted with the Live File System format in other computers and devices, you need to close the current disc session to prepare the disc for use. By default, Windows closes your disc automatically
    when it is ejected.

To close a disc automatically, you can press the Eject button on your computer's disc drive.

Windows automatically closes the current session. This consumes 20 megabytes (MB) of disc space and can take several minutes.

You can also follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click the DVD drive.
    • Click Close session on the toolbar. The session will be closed, so the disc can be used in other computers.

Update us on how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

DVD recording wont finalize

1. DVD recording wont finalize - Similar Threads - DVD recording wont

2. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot finalize DVD after burning: I burn either a DVD-R or DVD+R. I want to finalize/master the DVD such that noone else can add files to it. Thought this was done automatically if I say to use disc as CD/DVD vs USB, but I can add files to it no matter how many times I eject it....
  3. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot finalize DVD after burning: I burn either a DVD-R or DVD+R. I want to finalize/master the DVD such that noone else can add files to it. Thought this was done automatically if I say to use disc as CD/DVD vs USB, but I can add files to it no matter how many times I eject it....
  4. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recordable DVD not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recordable DVD not recognized: I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba Media Player do not recognize the dvds, or if it does, it says it is blank. Even on my computer, looking at the dvd drive, it...
  6. Recordable DVD not recognized

Recordable DVD not recognized: I am using an old laptop with Windows 8 on it. I am trying to view DVDs I recorded home movies on a few years ago. Windows Media Player and Toshiba Media Player do not recognize the dvds, or if it does, it says it is blank. Even on my computer, looking at the dvd drive, it...
  7. External DVD recorder no longer records or plays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External DVD recorder no longer records or plays: My Windows 10 system has a Memorex MRX-550LEEv1 external DVD recorder hooked up to it. It is recognized in Device Manager, and when I troubleshoot it I get a 'device is working' response. However, it will not play CD's or DVD's, rather it asks if I want to use a prerecorded...
  8. Recording to CD's and DVD's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording to CD's and DVD's: I cannot store any files on CD's or DVD's . I have many old photos audio recordings and films which I would like to clean up and edit but I find it impossable because I cannot burn the files back on to discs....
  9. Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10

Finalizing a DVD in Windows 10: I have burned a video onto a DVD-R disk, but i am unable to finalize it to play it back on my DVD player. I have googled how to do it and I have read that Windows automatically closes the session when you eject the disk, but it didn't and my DVD player would not play the...
  10. Close / Finalize DVD Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Close / Finalize DVD Disc: HI all Have recorded onto DVD-r disc but cannot find any means of closing / finalizing the disc which means we cannot play the disc on our DVD player. We have just installed the windows 10 update but cant find how to do it. Cheers 22195