Windows 10: DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry, realised it was in the wrong section. 16888 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DQI, Aug 16, 2015.

1. DQI
    DQI Win User

DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade

Sorry, realised it was in the wrong section.

:)

2. L JLaffan Win User

Windows 10 recognises my DVD ROM as a CD ROM

My DVD ROM is only recognised as a CD ROM since upgrading to Windows 10. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated the registry etc as mentioned in other threads. Is there any way to install a DVD driver manually or force Windows to install the correct
    driver?

L JLaffan, Aug 16, 2015
  3. JoelJ79 Win User
    'TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208FB driver update for windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 but my CD/DVD rom is not recognised after upgrade. The drive is 'TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208FB ' and the message in the status is 'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry)
    is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)'.

help!

JoelJ79, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade

1. DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - DVD ROM recognised

2. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  3. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore: Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help Thanks...
  4. DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade

DVD player disappeared after Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I've just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and my DVD player has disappeared. I have a Toshiba Portege R830 PT321A 01K00201 When I go to device manager there are no yellow exclamations, there is just no DVD player there at all. I've checked the Toshiba...
  5. Upgrade of windows10 not recognising DVD

Upgrade of windows10 not recognising DVD: I am using windows 7 64 bit on a brand new computer partly home made 32G DDR3 I have downloaded Windows 10 upgrade. Unfortunately it doesn't recognise my DVD player. Checking the internet I am not alone in this. 53391
  6. dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade

dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade: My dvd player drive isn't listed and when you try and play a dvd the player spins but doesn't play anything since upgrading to windows 10. I have checked in device manager and it says device is working properly. I have also done the upgrade driver and it says I have the...
  7. dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10

dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10: after upgrade to 10 my dvd-rom doesn't show i get the message Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) 29585
  8. CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!

CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!: Hello guys! I'm having a problem here. I manually upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and it isn't detecting my cd/dvd rom. [img] My system specifications are as follows; FX 6350, 2x4gb ram, gtx 760, gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12251
  9. Win 10 does not see files on CD/DVD rom

Win 10 does not see files on CD/DVD rom: I performed the upgrade on Windows 10 after installation I was trying to install office 2007, the DVD rom drive is seen by win 10 because I can eject the disk but no files to be seen in explorer and it won't auto start despite all the settings.. I have changed the auto start...
  10. Loaded Win but DVD drive is not recognised

Loaded Win but DVD drive is not recognised: I have downloaded Win10 onto my laptop. The DVD is: UltraNote Series: 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW) I thought that everything was fine after I had re loaded Norton which had disappeared. All other icons and programmes were intact. I then attempted to load...