Windows 10: DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

Discus and support DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is going to be a long story:- My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden. It would have trouble recognizing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FakharHaider, Jul 16, 2018.

1. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

This is going to be a long story:-

My Lenovo G50-80 laptop's DVD drive started behaving funny all of a sudden.

It would have trouble recognizing inserted DVD drive, some disks it could read easily, some it wont even recognize inserted.

I tried spinning the disk then closing the slide and it would work.

I did that maybe 5 times at best.

A few weeks after, (a period of non activity) , the drive stopepd recognising disks at all.

It would make a whirring noise as if it was starting to spin the disk but would stop, with occasional buzzing and grinding noise, and the drive LED would blink after about a second's delay.

Some searching on the microsoft forum suggested uninstalling the atapi drivers

I did that but now they system doesnt automatically install the drivers, and the DVD drive itself does not show anymore..

HELP!

:)

FakharHaider, Jul 16, 2018

2. SATA DVD-RW Drives

Hey Guys,

So, I finally just bought my new rig: EVGA A1 Mobo (w/ 6 SATA Slots), 2 WD Raptors (SATA - Gonna RAID 0 Boot), 4 Seagate 320GB Barracuda's (SATA - Gonna RAID 5 Storage).
    However, I realized I also bought 2 DVD-RW drives, in SATA *Eek! DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD :eek: not enough SATA ports on the mobo...

So a couple of questions follow:
    1) Is SATA really faster for DVD-RW drives than IDE?
    2) Is there anyway to Inline/Series the (2) SATA DVD-RW drives, kinda like you do with IDE (Master/Slave)?
    3) Are there any SATA-->IDE reverse adaptors (not the opposite, I know those exist)?
    4) Based on the above answers, should I:
    • a) Get a PCI-E SATA RAID Card to Handle One of the RAID Arrays, and keep the DVD-RW drives as SATA? (although those are dang expensive, AND I don't know where that PCI Card is gonna fit - got an 8800gtx, PCI Slot-Cooler, Wifi card... an extra slot but no room down there)
    • b) Return the DVD-RW SATA drives and get (2) IDE DVD-RW drives?
    • Another option that won't require me spending a lot of money?
    Eesh, I'm kinda stuck on my build if I don't have a CD Drive to read from for Windows Install(I don't have any extra ones sittin around - and I want to install my RAID 5 Storage array right away)

Suggestions?*Confused DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD :confused:

surfsk8snow.jah, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Can't Format Dvd-RW? (Windows 10)

Hi Hayden,

In order for us to properly address your issue with formatting a DVD-R/RW disc, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Are you getting any error messages when formatting a DVD-R/RW disc?If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried formatting a DVD-R/RW disc to other DVD-R/RW drive?
    • Have you tried inserting other disc like DVD movies or mp3 disc to check if the DVD-R/RW drive is working?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 16, 2018
  4. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

ereasing a dvd-rw

Hi Judy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

The DVD should be re-writable in order to make any changes to the disk.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Insert the dvd-rw disk
    into your disk drive.

Step 2: Select the drive that contains your dvd-rw disk, right click on it, and select Format
    option.

Step 3: Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD

1. DVD RW Drive not detecting inserted DVD - Similar Threads - DVD Drive detecting

2. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  3. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD RW Drive E:

DVD RW Drive E:: DVD RW Drive E: keep telling me to insert a disc into drive when I try to open the CD or DVD. I have removed the CD and placed an DVD, tried upgrading and troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e/a076e210-70f2-43ba-b7f9-9a40a2a4c030
  6. dvd rw drive e

dvd rw drive e: Did Microsoft change dvd rw drive e so that you CAN'T copy pictures to a cd disk in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-e/2529db9f-b671-4194-bb1d-920d99a20bda
  7. DVD RW Drive

DVD RW Drive: When I try to run a disk from this driver for MSI, an error message pops up saying. DVDSetup: Failed to load Hardware Monitor Driver! This program must run as administrator. How can I make the disk as an admin?...
  8. DVD-RW drive no located

DVD-RW drive no located: My WIN 10 can no longer find my subject drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-no-located/46d3adb9-e398-4f07-8d4d-240dc77c819d
  9. DVD-RW drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD-RW drive: I have windows 10 pro and for some reason it will not recognize my DVD-RW drive now. it says code 45 hardware device is not connected. help how can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive/c1e425aa-bc0b-4a0a-8317-4f686d91a155
  10. DVD-RW Drive

DVD-RW Drive: I burnt photos on the DVD-RW drive with a DVD-R disc, the photos are now blurred. Could it be because I used an R disc instead DVD-RW.? Trying to get to the bottom of the blurring problem, never had this before. 79294