Windows 10: DVD/RW Drive not showing up in "THIS PC" Windows 10

Discus and support DVD/RW Drive not showing up in "THIS PC" Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Post upgrade I have just realized my DVD Drive is not observable/findable in the File manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jacksyee, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jacksyee Win User

DVD/RW Drive not showing up in "THIS PC" Windows 10

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Post upgrade I have just realized my DVD Drive is not observable/findable in the File manager.

It is also not observable in the device manager.

It is however, powered up and is recognized in the BIOS Menu as Sata 4 and recognized by the computer as Boot Device one.

The computer will boot from the DvD Drive if I put a bootable DVD (my old windows 8.1 disc in this case) in the drive, I just tested this.

Any help appreciated. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

:)

jacksyee, Sep 2, 2015
  2. {Michael} Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade: DVD drive not working, only functioning as CDROM

I'm having the same problem with an HP DVD drive. Windows Explorer shows "DVD RW Drive", but can't read files. It always says the disc is blank. And, like KDavidP1987, everything says the drive is working properly, the latest driver is installed. Microsoft
    needs to fix this!

{Michael}, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Missing Drive

I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a DVD-RW drive and a CD-RW drive. Windows 7 recognized both, and the BIOS setup shows both devices. Yet, File Explorer will not show the CD-RW drive. I checked the Disk Management utility, but
    the drive doesn't show up there, either.

How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my CD-RW drive?

KennethBush, Sep 2, 2015
  4. MrQueely Win User

I had to apply a small registry fix when I had the same problem.

1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator

2. Copy & Paste the following line.

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3. Reboot the system

Worked for me and a few others!

MrQueely, Sep 2, 2015
  5. jacksyee Win User
    Worked like a champ. Thanks so much.

Really. Wow.

Amazing

jacksyee, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Good stuff. I remember the days where I had to enter an UpperFilter and LowerFilter just to get the drive to show up in earlier versions of Windows.

GamerwGlasses, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD/RW Drive not showing up in "THIS PC" Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD Drive showing

2. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  3. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive

My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive: My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive and it says the file system is unknown. It will not play DVDs. I have been trying to chat with Microsoft Support since yesterday and all I get is "One of our agents will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience! "....
  6. My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive: My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive and it says the file system is unknown. It will not play DVDs. I have been trying to chat with Microsoft Support since yesterday and all I get is "One of our agents will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience! "....
  7. My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. dvd-rw drive not showing up in windows 10

dvd-rw drive not showing up in windows 10: At first the event log was showing IDE. So I did some command prompts but no go. but now I notice that the event log is showing SCSI. I have been working on this forever. does windows 10 ever work properly for anyone. can someone please HELP me with this issue. will not...
  9. DVD-RW drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD-RW drive: I have windows 10 pro and for some reason it will not recognize my DVD-RW drive now. it says code 45 hardware device is not connected. help how can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive/c1e425aa-bc0b-4a0a-8317-4f686d91a155
  10. DVD-RW Drive

DVD-RW Drive: I burnt photos on the DVD-RW drive with a DVD-R disc, the photos are now blurred. Could it be because I used an R disc instead DVD-RW.? Trying to get to the bottom of the blurring problem, never had this before. 79294