Windows 10: DVD RW not working

Discus and support DVD RW not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to install TurboCad using Windows 10 and the DVD RW is not reading the CD. Is there a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by laurikoponen, Apr 23, 2020.

1. DVD RW not working

Hi, I am trying to install TurboCad using Windows 10 and the DVD RW is not reading the CD. Is there a solution?

:)

laurikoponen, Apr 23, 2020

2. Can't Format Dvd-RW? (Windows 10)

Hi Hayden,

In order for us to properly address your issue with formatting a DVD-R/RW disc, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Are you getting any error messages when formatting a DVD-R/RW disc?If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried formatting a DVD-R/RW disc to other DVD-R/RW drive?
    • Have you tried inserting other disc like DVD movies or mp3 disc to check if the DVD-R/RW drive is working?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    External DVD/RW not recognized withWindows 10

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

This circumstance can occur if the device hardware fails or if the device driver fails.

I suggest you to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus Controller
    associated with the external DVD/RW (Cnm) and reinstall it from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

To uninstall the drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Find the Cnm DVD/RW drive.
    • Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 23, 2020
  4. DVD RW not working

SATA DVD-RW Drives

Hey Guys,

So, I finally just bought my new rig: EVGA A1 Mobo (w/ 6 SATA Slots), 2 WD Raptors (SATA - Gonna RAID 0 Boot), 4 Seagate 320GB Barracuda's (SATA - Gonna RAID 5 Storage).
    However, I realized I also bought 2 DVD-RW drives, in SATA *Eek! DVD RW not working :eek: not enough SATA ports on the mobo...

So a couple of questions follow:
    1) Is SATA really faster for DVD-RW drives than IDE?
    2) Is there anyway to Inline/Series the (2) SATA DVD-RW drives, kinda like you do with IDE (Master/Slave)?
    3) Are there any SATA-->IDE reverse adaptors (not the opposite, I know those exist)?
    4) Based on the above answers, should I:
    • a) Get a PCI-E SATA RAID Card to Handle One of the RAID Arrays, and keep the DVD-RW drives as SATA? (although those are dang expensive, AND I don't know where that PCI Card is gonna fit - got an 8800gtx, PCI Slot-Cooler, Wifi card... an extra slot but no room down there)
    • b) Return the DVD-RW SATA drives and get (2) IDE DVD-RW drives?
    • Another option that won't require me spending a lot of money?
    Eesh, I'm kinda stuck on my build if I don't have a CD Drive to read from for Windows Install(I don't have any extra ones sittin around - and I want to install my RAID 5 Storage array right away)

Suggestions?*Confused DVD RW not working :confused:

surfsk8snow.jah, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

DVD RW not working

1. DVD RW not working - Similar Threads - DVD working

2. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  3. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  4. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  5. DVD drive not working

DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  6. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...: DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, MSI XX470 gaming plus , Ryzen5 3600, corsair vengeace lpx2x8gb 3200mhz , Corsair rm850w gold, samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m2 sata, dvd TEAC DV-W524GSD, video- sapfire radeon rx5700xt , OS...
  8. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...: DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, MSI XX470 gaming plus , Ryzen5 3600, corsair vengeace lpx2x8gb 3200mhz , Corsair rm850w gold, samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m2 sata, dvd TEAC DV-W524GSD, video- sapfire radeon rx5700xt , OS...
  9. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

10. STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working: Sorry this is long, but it's my 3rd try to get an answer on this. It seems that I only get a response to my first post and follow-up questions are ignored even though the other person has been posting frequently for over a week each time.Recap of problemNo internal DVD drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd rw windows 10 driver