Windows 10: DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"?

Discus and support DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a file on a CD-ROM, which I would like to delete now, because obviously the memory of the CD is not enough after all, that is, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Erheberin, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Erheberin Win User

DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"?

Hello,

I have a file on a CD-ROM, which I would like to delete now, because obviously the memory of the CD is not enough after all, that is, if I extend the file now, and it is the ZIP version of a software, I am a computer scientist. Since I'll probably be using a storage platform on the Internet anyway, I thought I'd delete the ZIP so I wouldn't have to throw away the CD. But Windows does not allow me to do that, and brings me the following message:

DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"? 0_big.png

My operating system is Windows 10, is there any way around this? Didn't find anything on Google. I'll just throw the CD away.

Kind regards

Author

Edit: It is a DVD RW, not a CD-ROM. Please excuse the incorrect naming.

:)

Erheberin, Jul 10, 2020

2. SATA DVD-RW Drives

Hey Guys,

So, I finally just bought my new rig: EVGA A1 Mobo (w/ 6 SATA Slots), 2 WD Raptors (SATA - Gonna RAID 0 Boot), 4 Seagate 320GB Barracuda's (SATA - Gonna RAID 5 Storage).
    However, I realized I also bought 2 DVD-RW drives, in SATA *Eek! DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"? :eek: not enough SATA ports on the mobo...

So a couple of questions follow:
    1) Is SATA really faster for DVD-RW drives than IDE?
    2) Is there anyway to Inline/Series the (2) SATA DVD-RW drives, kinda like you do with IDE (Master/Slave)?
    3) Are there any SATA-->IDE reverse adaptors (not the opposite, I know those exist)?
    4) Based on the above answers, should I:
    • a) Get a PCI-E SATA RAID Card to Handle One of the RAID Arrays, and keep the DVD-RW drives as SATA? (although those are dang expensive, AND I don't know where that PCI Card is gonna fit - got an 8800gtx, PCI Slot-Cooler, Wifi card... an extra slot but no room down there)
    • b) Return the DVD-RW SATA drives and get (2) IDE DVD-RW drives?
    • Another option that won't require me spending a lot of money?
    Eesh, I'm kinda stuck on my build if I don't have a CD Drive to read from for Windows Install(I don't have any extra ones sittin around - and I want to install my RAID 5 Storage array right away)

Suggestions?*Confused DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"? :confused:

surfsk8snow.jah, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    External DVD/RW not recognized withWindows 10

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

This circumstance can occur if the device hardware fails or if the device driver fails.

I suggest you to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus Controller
    associated with the external DVD/RW (Cnm) and reinstall it from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

To uninstall the drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Find the Cnm DVD/RW drive.
    • Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 4, 2020
  4. DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"?

Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

While trying to partition my Local Disk (CDVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"? :), I get the following error:

Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation.

System Information

Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro

SSD has 952.65 GB Capacity with 882.31 GB Free Space

Disk Management Utility shows 148 GB as space available to shrink

Steps Tried so Far:

a) Disable Hibernation

b) Disabled pagefile

c) Disabled System Protection

d) Disabled Kernel Memory Dump

e) Used Defraggler to defragment

f) Used free partition tools like Ease US Partition Master and Minitool Partition Wizard - The option to Move/Resize Volume are greyed out.

After all these steps, I'm still getting the same error. Please help.

danisfermijohn, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"?

1. DVD-RW - "There is not enough space available to perform the operation"? - Similar Threads - DVD enough space

2. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  3. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD-RW formatting option not available on blank disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD-RW formatting option not available on blank disk: This problem has never happened to me before, and I have followed guides to this, and none of the solutions work. When I insert a new Verbatim DVD-RW into my DVD burner, windows pulls up a dialog box when I try to open the explorer:any help would be appreciated!...
  6. there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

in Windows 10 Customization
    there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation: [ATTACH] I had kali-linux installed on one HDD partition of 73 GB. Now I deleted the kali-linux after that If I want to make a new volume with unallotted memory or extend volume of the existing volume D:. I am getting the error like shown in the picture. I tried to google it...
  7. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  8. There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

in Windows 10 News
    There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to create a new partition or shrink a volume or extend a volume using the Disk Management Utility, you may encounter an error that says – There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this [...] This post There is not enough...
  9. There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR

There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR: i tried to shrink space from C drive to make it unallocated , i gave 50GB from 631GB which i have still it always shows no enough space.....please help [ATTACH]...
  10. DVD RW Driver

DVD RW Driver: DVD RW drive will not run PC games. Use to work fine but doesn't anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-rw-driver/aa124edb-8843-4b5f-839c-fa437502aede