Windows 10: dvd windows does not recognise the disc

Discus and support dvd windows does not recognise the disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dvd windows does not recognise the disc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elmerpreston, Jan 28, 2019.

1. dvd windows does not recognise the disc

dvd windows does not recognise the disc

:)

elmerpreston, Jan 28, 2019

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

dvd windows does not recognise the disc [​IMG]

Hey so this is what happens, the dvd drive pops up on device manager

jaydenvo789, Jan 28, 2019
  4. dvd windows does not recognise the disc

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks.

I have gone through trouble shooting stage.

In Device manager the DVD/CD drives are shown as working correctly, the DVD drive is showing in File Explorer. When I right click properties it shows as working correctly.

When a disc is inserted and I left click on the drive in File Explorer it ejects the disc and asks for a disc to be inserted. It is therefore not recognising a valid disc.

Have you any suggestions

Regards

johnwbeasley, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

dvd windows does not recognise the disc

1. dvd windows does not recognise the disc - Similar Threads - dvd does recognise

2. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  3. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  4. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  5. Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc: It's said CD / DVD / VCD is read by laser , and never touch the disc physcially, and so it would never scratch the disc and cause any data rot to the disc, is that true? My discs are more expensive than the DVD writer... 133953
  6. USB flash disc not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB flash disc not recognised: This is a strange one. I have a 64GB USB flash disc. I put about 30GB of files on it (mp3 & PDF). When I checked it when I finished all was okay. Next day I wanted to put more files on it but when I plugged it in...nothing. I tried Disk Management but although it showed the...
  7. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's: I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?...
  8. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore: Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help Thanks...
  9. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241
  10. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...