Windows 10: dvd won't open

Discus and support dvd won't open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday, Thu the 29th, my DVD stopped responding. It worked Wed. It still is not working today. Did the guys at Microsoft change anything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Heidi_2014, Oct 30, 2020.

1. dvd won't open

Hi,

Yesterday, Thu the 29th, my DVD stopped responding. It worked Wed. It still is not working today. Did the guys at Microsoft change anything to affect the operation. I'm running Windows 10, and it is being updated regularly. Yesterday I checked and driver was up to date. Yesterday I was able to open and insert a DVD, but today nothing but a blinking light on the door. Yesterday after inserting DVD there was not the usual short mechanical sound after door closes as DVD loads. Just the click of the door. Door would then not reopen. Started Cyberlink PowerDVD but nothing. Couldn't eject DVD using this either. After about 10 minutes though I was able to extract DVD. When I closed empty door again no short mechanical sound, just a plastic click.

I've had earlier issues with the operation of Cyberlink. What happens is that I'm able to get a report issued to Microsoft from the "nonresponding" Cyberlink and then when I restart the computer the DVD player is working. Can't get that now.

I have a Dell Inspiron One BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A07, 2/5/2014

DVD is a Matshita DVD+RW UJ8E1 ATA device. Control panel device manager says this device is working properly.

:)

Heidi_2014, Oct 30, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 30, 2020
  4. dvd won't open

Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

dvd won't open

1. dvd won't open - Similar Threads - dvd won't open

2. My dvd won't burn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dvd won't burn: I pulled out my dvd burner to archive files and I noticed it was acting weird. When I put a disk in with data on it, it would re-format it. It didn't want to burn either as seen here and gave me an errorand yes I did use another disk burning software and it still did not...
  3. My dvd won't burn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My dvd won't burn: I pulled out my dvd burner to archive files and I noticed it was acting weird. When I put a disk in with data on it, it would re-format it. It didn't want to burn either as seen here and gave me an errorand yes I did use another disk burning software and it still did not...
  4. CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's: I am trying to burn a DVD using Roxio Creator, and also tried another software, but they start and seem to be working but the DVD ejects and won't burn the files. The device worked before the latest Windows update. I've tried burning a CD, and DVD+R DL with the same...
  5. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6
  6. DVD Drive not opening

DVD Drive not opening: I upgraded to win 10 and.. My DVD drive is not opening What should I do ?? I Don't know how to solve any internal issue.. also I don't want to change the hardware for it. Is there any solution?...
  7. dvd won't run

dvd won't run: i cant get a dvd to run on my pcit runs on my xbox with the blu ray app can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-wont-run/79b4dd19-1f20-4caa-8b0a-bff37d7be1c6
  8. internal cd/dvd drive won't open

internal cd/dvd drive won't open: Lenova Ideacentre A340-221GM internal cd/dvd drive will not open. It's light comes on and it tries to open but cannot. is this a Windows 10 Home incompatibility? can't seem to find the right answer, just get the run-around....
  9. DVD Driver will not open

DVD Driver will not open: The DVD driver will not open. I have pushed the button and it sounds like it is trying. I have gone into the computer and pushed eject on the DVD driver, and it continually sounds like it is trying over and over. Is there a manual way to open the driver?...
  10. My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open.

My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open.: My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open (windows 10) The device manager "properties" shows code 19, driver corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cddvd-rom-drive-wont-open/3fa941fc-56ba-4128-89b5-0c47d253cc9e