Windows 10: dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc

Discus and support dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi in my pc i have dvd writer driver ,but now i can see the dvd/cd driver icon not appearing in my computer can help me to dvd driver software so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kamalakannanadiseavan, Sep 15, 2018.

1. dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc

hi in my pc i have dvd writer driver ,but now i can see the dvd/cd driver icon not appearing in my computer

can help me to dvd driver software so i install

:)

kamalakannanadiseavan, Sep 15, 2018

2. Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

4. Ralf_G Win User

dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc

DVD Writer downgraded to a CD-Rom Drive

The device driver that it installs is from Microsoft driver date: 6/21/2006, driver version: 10.0.10586.0. I would like to know how to get a Windows 10 driver for my DVD writer work correctly.

The installed driver for your DVD drive is a generic MS driver when it should be a brand-specific driver for the DVD burner. The model number you listed suggests that it is a Win10 compatible Hitachi-LG drive.

Similar to this listing in Device Manger:

dvd writer drive  is not showing in my pc bdeed722-7943-4ba5-b7e9-b36f89f9818e.jpg

The drive should be plug and play with drivers available in Windows. You might not have the chipset drivers for your motherboard installed. Those would aid in the correct detection of your hardware components. First choice for Chipset drivers should be
    the computer manufacturer, otherwise from the manufacturer of the chipset itself.

Ralf_G, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc

1. dvd writer drive is not showing in my pc - Similar Threads - dvd writer drive

2. DVD DRIVE NOT SHOWING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD DRIVE NOT SHOWING: Hi ,I install window xp from window 7 now dvd disk option is not showing please tell me what to do . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-showing/cd44255a-3e58-4b14-b0f0-78a4c12811fe
  3. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  4. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  5. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  6. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  7. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  8. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  9. DVD/cd writer cycling

DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...
  10. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...