Windows 10: DVd

Discus and support DVd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why don't some DVDs play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd/bf703ef8-2974-4a6e-97d6-d47774324ffb Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ianjeffery, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DVd

why don't some DVDs play

:)

ianjeffery, Sep 4, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Sep 4, 2018
  4. DVd

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

DVd

1. DVd - Similar Threads - DVd

2. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  3. Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Install media ISO file too large to burn to DVD: The stock answer to this problem is "use a flash drive". However, there are those of us who have antediluvian PCs whose bios does not support booting from USB flash drives. I thought that putting the install media on a bootable internal or external HDD might be a solution but...
  4. size of a dvd

size of a dvd: I have a dvd ---- its a dvd-9 --- for a total capacity of about 9g -- but the sub of all the files sizes on the disk is over 30g --- how is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-a-dvd/50dab987-924d-4149-b097-4ca9488ddf25
  5. Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player: I just purchased the Windows DVD Player App. The audio is fine, but the video has a really bad frame rate. The frames are jumpy like a slideshow instead of a motion picture. I have used the optical drive before on another computer with another DVD App, and it worked fine. My...
  6. Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device

Windows 10 pro not recognising my USB CD/DVD writer as a burning device: I connected my new DVD/CD ROM read/writer USB device model TEAC DV-28E-V USB Device ..and Windows 10 will not recognise it as a burner....apps used to try and burn included Windows media player / Itunes / CDBurnerXP and NONE of them recognise this drive as a burner. The...
  7. Cannot play DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot play DVD: I have not tried to play a DVD in ages. First I tried my VLC instance. That sunk. Same for Windows Media. What seemed like solutions turned out to be hawking for other app. I uninstalled them. Vexing. I finally got a player to work. MPC-BE Media Player Classic - BE I took it...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro from a Volume License to a bought Windows 10 PRO DVD and retain...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro from a Volume License to a bought Windows 10 PRO DVD and retain...: Hello Everyone,Subject description says it all. Just wanted to express my support to Microsoft by buying genuine installation media from my trusted computer vendor. I just wanted to retain all my installed applications as those are currently taking up hundreds of GBs and I...
  9. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  10. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista. My CD and/or DVD reader/driver/recorder/burner is giving me a fit today. In the past, it has read and recorded CD's and read DVD's. Now, it is unable to burn a readable copy of a DVD tiff video from my desktop. In This PC "My...