Windows 10: DVDDrive Corrupted

Discus and support DVDDrive Corrupted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Uninstalled Webroot Internet and it pops up every start up, during sessions and when accessing DVD Drive... How do I completely get rid of Webroot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LestonColeman, Aug 4, 2019.

1. DVDDrive Corrupted

Uninstalled Webroot Internet and it pops up every start up, during sessions and when accessing DVD Drive... How do I completely get rid of Webroot?

Contacted Webroot to no avail.. Installed and activated Windows system Bitdefender....

:)

LestonColeman, Aug 4, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 29, 2019
  4. DVDDrive Corrupted

explorer.exe corrupted

Hello,

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Try all the above mentioned steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

DVDDrive Corrupted

1. DVDDrive Corrupted - Similar Threads - DVDDrive Corrupted

2. is there any proof that corrupted registry cause fps drops in game ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    is there any proof that corrupted registry cause fps drops in game ?: I heard someone from it say, even one freeze can corrupt registry, which even DISM mustn't repair. And it cause fps drops in game. After freeze i had, some time fps drops, but after running dism, it got fixed. I didn't find anything about topic. What in registry, which gets...
  3. if I have a HDD and SSD and they both have operating system, would it corrupt both if I use...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if I have a HDD and SSD and they both have operating system, would it corrupt both if I use...: THANKYOU IN ADVANCE WHO'S GOING TO ANSWER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-a-hdd-and-ssd-and-they-both-have/44bb00d8-4293-44f5-a52d-c680fa053e15"
  4. Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed uninstall of Windows Features module, corrupts system functions: Hello to whoever is reading this. I've been having problems with essential features in Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1903, where many functions fail to complete and doing a "keep everything" reset fail consistently. Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 This started to happen when I was...
  5. windows 10 operating system corrupt. need to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 operating system corrupt. need to fix: how do you fix a corrupt operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-operating-system-corrupt-need-to-fix/19af3922-2d30-425c-bc2d-b516de7e69e7
  6. sfc /scannow shows corrupted file

sfc /scannow shows corrupted file: I've run SFC /scannow from both inside Win 10 admin command prompt and SFC scan from Safe Mode, I've also run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and still show corrupted files here's several sample from the SFC log file 2019-10-19 13:03:25, Info...
  7. BSOD: KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION WINDOWS 10

BSOD: KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION WINDOWS 10: After an update the other day, I am now getting the BSOD: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION error. The error happens randomly after I turn on the computer and log in. It usually happens several times in a row at first, then it happens randomly. All of my drivers are up to date and...
  8. Corrupted ALOT of system files

Corrupted ALOT of system files: After accidentally turning off the wrong switch while the laptop was running with the battery out.. The laptop is currently having alot of problems in the main screen but able to boot up and till sign-in area, after that comes alot of problems like a very broken taskbar and...
  9. Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix: Hey all, My W10 installation has been struggling to install W10 Update version 1903. Failed to install 0xc1900101 Based on some similar threads I've followed on this problem, some recommended doing the W10 standalone install to reinstall windows while maintaining my apps &...
  10. DVDdrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVDdrive: I have upgraded to Windows 10. But now I've lost function of my DVD Drive. Answer from system: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH60N driver error I have deleted the drive and started my PC again , no result. I have also connected a extern USB DVD Drive , same result. What to do ?...