Windows 10: DVDs burned with PC do not run on DVD players but on PC, causes?

Discus and support DVDs burned with PC do not run on DVD players but on PC, causes? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, at that time I recorded several movies with a Panasonic hard disk recorder (now about 10 years old) and burned them on DVD (VOB file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris562, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Chris562 Win User

DVDs burned with PC do not run on DVD players but on PC, causes?

Hello, everyone,

at that time I recorded several movies with a Panasonic hard disk recorder (now about 10 years old) and burned them on DVD (VOB file format). In the course of the years a huge pile has accumulated and now I wanted to clean out once, so the films that I want to keep, I copied from the DVDs to the PC (HP notebook, about 1 year old, 16 GB RAM, was almost 1,000 euros expensive), and then burned on a new DVD ring (DVD-R).

My problem now is that the newly burned DVDs will run on the PC and my Playstation 3, but not on any DVD player (neither older nor newer). The old DVDs, from which I copied the movies to be burned to the PC to create new DVDs, are read by the same DVD players (but as I said before, not the newly burned ones).

When I insert a DVD-Roling into the PC, with Windows 10 you have to specify the intended use, i.e. choose between "Use like a CD/DVD" and "Use like a USB memory stick". Tried both variants - each time without success.

It must be possible to burn DVDs with the PC, which can then be played on DVD players - and not only on the PC and PS 3 - or ???

I'd really appreciate some advice,

LG.: Chris

:)

Chris562, Aug 3, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. Burn a dvd

Hi So Dak Sue,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is your system up to date?

• Do you get the error while you try to attach photo to an email through Email app/browser?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: To burn DVD.

• Insert the DVD which you want to burn before proceeding to below steps.

• Open Start menu, type
      Windows media player in search bar and click on Windows media player from the search bar results. (Click on Recommended settings if you are opening the Windows media player for the first time)

• Click on the Burn tab at top right corner on the Windows media player window.

• Open the files which you want to burn to DVD by browsing the location from the left navigation pane in Windows media player.

• Select the items which you want to burn to DVD, drag and drop the files to the Burn DVD section.

• Now click on the Start burn under the Burn tab.

• One the DVD has burned, you may eject the DVD.

Step 2: Install latest updates.

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 3, 2020
  4. DVDs burned with PC do not run on DVD players but on PC, causes?

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

I'm guessing you missed my suggestion.

JrRacinFan, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

DVDs burned with PC do not run on DVD players but on PC, causes?

1. DVDs burned with PC do not run on DVD players but on PC, causes? - Similar Threads - DVDs burned run

2. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  3. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  4. Can't burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't burn DVDs: Hi,I'm trying to back-up some of my photos onto DVDs which I do periodically, most recently about six months ago, but the process has repeatedly failed today. I've tried BurnAware Free, Ashampoo Burning Studio and doing it through Windows Explorer, but they have all failed to...
  5. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  6. Not able to burn a DVD to be able to run on a DVD player Windows 10.

Not able to burn a DVD to be able to run on a DVD player Windows 10.: Having lost the Movie Maker on Windows 7, I purchased it from Microsoft. Unfortunately it will only Burn disc to read only on the computer but not on a DVD Player. So I purchased Movavi video editor plus 2020. I still have the same problem. I got in touch with Movavi and...
  7. Can't burn DVDs

Can't burn DVDs: I can't burn DVDs. I'm using Verbatim DVD-Rs and whenever I try to burn one of them it talks about a PMA update failure. 146611
  8. Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds: Dear all, I’ve tried almost everything suggested about this problem but alas, it still doesn’t work. My dvd player stopped working a while ago, but it still can play old games on CD’s. I’ve deleted the drivers and it didn’t help at all. I updated to windows 10 a few weeks...
  9. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...
  10. Burning dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning dvds: I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help. 51395