Windows 10: DVDs disappeared from windows explorer

Discus and support DVDs disappeared from windows explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating windows 10 to the newest version my 2 dvds disappeared although they can be found in the device manager. The drivers are a problem as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George L.Adler, Jan 14, 2019.

1. DVDs disappeared from windows explorer

After updating windows 10 to the newest version my 2 dvds disappeared although they can be found in the device manager. The drivers are a problem as I cannot update them and get the code 52.

:)

George L.Adler, Jan 14, 2019
  2. mikelori5 Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

DVDs disappeared from windows explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

DVDs disappeared from windows explorer

1. DVDs disappeared from windows explorer - Similar Threads - DVDs disappeared explorer

2. Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer: Quick Access has randomly disappeared from Windows Explorer left panel. I have shut down, restarted, restored Folder Options defaults, deleted Quick Access Cache files, and checked for updates but nothing helps. I use quick access a lot so this is a very annoying problem, any...
  3. Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Disappeared from Windows Explorer: Quick Access has randomly disappeared from Windows Explorer left panel. I have shut down, restarted, restored Folder Options defaults, deleted Quick Access Cache files, and checked for updates but nothing helps. I use quick access a lot so this is a very annoying problem, any...
  4. USB-connected SSD disappeared from explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-connected SSD disappeared from explorer: Hello everyone, I am old George from Norway. Thank you for accepting me as a member of Windows 10 Forums. I was searching the wed for urgent help when I came cross this Forum. As I am doing this for the first time I will most likely make many mistakes. However, I hope you...
  5. USB-connected SSD disappeared from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    USB-connected SSD disappeared from explorer: Hello everyone, I am old George from Norway. Thank you for accepting me as a member of Windows 10 Forums. I was searching the wed for urgent help when I came cross this Forum. As I am doing this for the first time I will most likely make many mistakes. However, I hope you...
  6. HDD disappears from Explorer

HDD disappears from Explorer: All was fine until recently. There's been no hardware changes or software installs, apart from possibly Windows updates! Physically all is fine. A 2nd internal HDD E: randomly fails to appear in windows explorer. Rebooting the PC usually resorts the drive view. Q - Why...
  7. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"
  8. Optical Drive Disappears from File Explorer

Optical Drive Disappears from File Explorer: After much procrastination on upgrading a perfectly good Windows 7 operating system, I took the leap and successfully upgrading to Windows 10 over Two months ago. After completing the upgrade, I though wow what a great product. All of the installed drives, devices etc. were...
  9. Using Windows 10 File Explorer to burn dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Windows 10 File Explorer to burn dvds: I've been working with Poser for some time now. I'd like to save some of what I've created, as well as content I've downloaded (legally) that's either free or I've even paid for. If I were to burn that content off using RW discs, does File Explorer "finalize" the disc...
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...