Windows 10: DVD's don't open automatically

Discus and support DVD's don't open automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get my PC to auto open DVD's and CD's? They used to start up automatically but since upgrading to Windows 10 they don't open automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YvonneFearn1, Apr 17, 2019.

1. DVD's don't open automatically

How do I get my PC to auto open DVD's and CD's? They used to start up automatically but since upgrading to Windows 10 they don't open automatically any more. I tried following instructions from previous questions but that didn't work?

:)

YvonneFearn1, Apr 17, 2019
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Apr 17, 2019
  3. dvd player don`t work

Hi Harris,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What happens when you play CD/DVD? Do you get any error message?

2. Are you referring to the Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Search for
    DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

3. Right click the device, and click
    Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
    Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check if it works.

Method 2:

If you are using the Microsoft Edge then, I suggest you to refer to the section:
    How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge? from the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

If you are using the Internet Explorer then,
    I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article to delete cookies, disable add-ons and reset Internet Explorer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/internet-explorer-help

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 17, 2019
  4. arassami Win User

DVD's don't open automatically

don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

DVD's don't open automatically

1. DVD's don't open automatically - Similar Threads - DVD's don't open

2. How to open encrypted dvd ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open encrypted dvd ?: How do I open an encrypted dvd ? I have the password but it won't open.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-encrypted-dvd/4bd40e91-b698-4ec4-aae5-b08537775569
  3. How to open encrypted dvd ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open encrypted dvd ?: How do I open an encrypted dvd ? I have the password but it won't open.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-encrypted-dvd/4bd40e91-b698-4ec4-aae5-b08537775569
  4. Settings Screen - Don't Open The screen close automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Screen - Don't Open The screen close automatically: Hi All Currently, I have an issue with my computer with Windows 10, after implementing some updates with windows updater and restart the computer, the computer can't open the settings screen, always I open the screen and this closes automatically. after searching...
  5. dvd won't open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd won't open: Hi, Yesterday, Thu the 29th, my DVD stopped responding. It worked Wed. It still is not working today. Did the guys at Microsoft change anything to affect the operation. I'm running Windows 10, and it is being updated regularly. Yesterday I checked and driver was up to date....
  6. DVD tray opens automatically all the time - How to cancel this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD tray opens automatically all the time - How to cancel this?: Hi, I have Windows 10 laptop and the DVD tray opens automatically without being requested. I suspect this could be due to the recent windows updates. Could you please advise how to resolve this issue?...
  7. DVD Drive not opening

DVD Drive not opening: I upgraded to win 10 and.. My DVD drive is not opening What should I do ?? I Don't know how to solve any internal issue.. also I don't want to change the hardware for it. Is there any solution?...
  8. DVD drive opens by itself?

DVD drive opens by itself?: Hello, I am sitting at my PC as usual and suddenly the drive goes out... how can I understand that? is it a virus? or what? is some ghost trying to annoy me? it is impossible that i came against the key of the drive and i did not give the command anywhere. I ask...
  9. DVD Driver will not open

DVD Driver will not open: The DVD driver will not open. I have pushed the button and it sounds like it is trying. I have gone into the computer and pushed eject on the DVD driver, and it continually sounds like it is trying over and over. Is there a manual way to open the driver?...
  10. CD/DVD tray will not open

CD/DVD tray will not open: Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Andy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-tray-will-not-open/f66fca3f-9772-4984-ab8b-c5922012b944