Windows 10: DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software

Discus and support DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some DVDs play just fine on my computer, but many refuse to play anything beyond the menu. It'll take me to the main menu, then when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ComatoseLaptop, Feb 27, 2020.

1. DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software

Some DVDs play just fine on my computer, but many refuse to play anything beyond the menu. It'll take me to the main menu, then when I click on anything, it tries to play the content for a brief moment then returns me to the main menu. Other DVDs don't play at all typically ones without main menus.

I've tried this in VLC Media Player including the latest nightly build and several other DVD players and the same thing happens. My disc drive also has no problem using CDs. Thus it must be a problem with the operating system, not the DVD software or the disc drive.

Resetting the Preferences had no effect. Disabling "Start directly in menu" in the preferences either results in no playback or on rare occasions the following error message repeated every few seconds: "DVDRead could not read 1/4 blocks at 0x05"

I wonder if it has something to do with me going from the US to the UK and changing my Region settings for a semester I had no DVD troubles before the move. If so, I must be missing some advanced setting or something because the system settings say everything's back to US Region.

Help would be extremely appreciated!!

Specs:

Windows edition: Windows 10 Home

Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Model: G751-JL

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

Installed memory RAM: 8.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

:)

ComatoseLaptop, Feb 27, 2020
  2. B. Herron Win User

PC won't play DVD

MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it"

B. Herron, Feb 27, 2020
  3. dzeee Win User
    What DVD playing software

Simple question:
    What DVD PLAYER software shuud i use? got a dvd writer & i wanna watch dvds on my TFT as its bigger then my tv.
    I know theres shit loads but i tried two already & there both pretty awful suggestions pls!?

dzeee, Feb 27, 2020
  4. DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software

dvd player don`t work

I just upgraded to windows 10 .my dvd player on my hp 2000 laptop won`t play cd`s or dvd`s .also I can not play videos on facebook or youtube.

k.p.harris, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software

1. DVDs Won't Play Past Menu no matter the DVD software - Similar Threads - DVDs Won't Play

2. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  3. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6
  4. Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!: So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did not work, then I tried two other programs CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn neither one would work either. I am trying to burn MP3...
  5. playing DVDs'

playing DVDs': Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/92674b31-6637-4d99-a7df-ca16f80e88dc
  6. DVDs Won't Go Past Main Menu

DVDs Won't Go Past Main Menu: Many DVDs I was previously able to play on my laptop will now not play beyond the main menu. Clicking any menu item or pressing "Skip" has the DVD player briefly for a fraction of a second try to play the selected movie/menu I can tell because the chapter markers briefly pop...
  7. dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past

dvd can not read dvds that have been read in the past: using a built in dvd drive, but receiving this error: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) Computer Asus Q550L, Windows 10 ver latest...
  8. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e
  9. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...
  10. PC won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't play DVD: MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/pc-wont-play-dvd/916d849f-de30-4c64-9d4c-7774a9deeabd