Windows 10: DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC

Discus and support DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new ASUS PC about 2 years ago which runs on Windows 10. I am not able to play movies on DVDs, regardless if they are genuine DVDs or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenzC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. DenzC Win User

DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC

I purchased a new ASUS PC about 2 years ago which runs on Windows 10. I am not able to play movies on DVDs, regardless if they are genuine DVDs or movies burnt to a DVD. I am however able to play audio CDs no problem. After inserting a DVD into the drive, the title will be displayed when looking in File Explorer/This PC, but the movie won't start. Here is what I did so far:

1. Autorun is enabled

2. I have the latest driver installed

3. Tried uninstalling/re-installing the DVD, same issue

4. I have verified the DVD region, it is set to Region 1 (Canada/US)

5. Tried to open Windows Media Player and open the movie file, WMP says "no disk".

Interesting fact is that I have connected an external DVD player to this PC and I'm experiencing the same issue. This tells me that the problem may not be related to the driver or even the DVD player itself. Any thoughts? What else could prevent the DVD to play? I really don't know what else I can do. Thanks for your help.

:)

DenzC, Jan 1, 2019
  2. B. Herron Win User

PC won't play DVD

MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it"

B. Herron, Jan 1, 2019
  3. dvd player don`t work

I just upgraded to windows 10 .my dvd player on my hp 2000 laptop won`t play cd`s or dvd`s .also I can not play videos on facebook or youtube.

k.p.harris, Jan 1, 2019
  4. DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC

playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC

1. DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - DVDs won't play

2. Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs: My first problem is that Bill Gates racked up more frequent flyer miles to Little St. James than I did for Domino's loyalty points in college. My second problem is that Windows 11 is so poorly designed it won't even recognize a DVD inserted into the drive of a laptop that it...
  3. Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs: My first problem is that Bill Gates racked up more frequent flyer miles to Little St. James than I did for Domino's loyalty points in college. My second problem is that Windows 11 is so poorly designed it won't even recognize a DVD inserted into the drive of a laptop that it...
  4. Windows 11 won't play DVDs, ejects them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't play DVDs, ejects them: I have a windows 11 laptop. The salesman at store sold me a asus sdrw-08D2S-U USB dvd player. It won't play most of my DVD collection. It does not matter which app I use. There is an alert window to "insert a disc" and the disc drive opens, as if the disc wasn't there. If I...
  5. Windows 11 won't play DVDs, ejects them

Windows 11 won't play DVDs, ejects them: I have a windows 11 laptop. The salesman at store sold me a asus sdrw-08D2S-U USB dvd player. It won't play most of my DVD collection. It does not matter which app I use. There is an alert window to "insert a disc" and the disc drive opens, as if the disc wasn't there. If I...
  6. playing DVDs'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing DVDs': Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/92674b31-6637-4d99-a7df-ca16f80e88dc
  7. Will not allow DVDs to play

Will not allow DVDs to play: This unit will not play any type of DVD ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-allow-dvds-to-play/099acbae-fba0-455e-8a2d-58d64a2642cd
  8. Can't play DVDs

Can't play DVDs: I have a Dell Inspiron 3670/Windows 10 desktop computer. I cannot play DVDs with the Windows Media Player. No problem playing CDs. I don't get any error message. There is a small arrow at the bottom of the page with the message "retrieving media info" but the DVD never...
  9. PLAYING DVDS ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLAYING DVDS ON WINDOWS 10: I AM NOT HAVING ANY SUCCESS WITH PLAYING DVDS ON MY COMPUTER. I EVEN DOWNLOADED THE VLC PLAYER, BUT STILL DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET IT TO PLAY....
  10. Windows 10 does not play DVDs

Windows 10 does not play DVDs: Hello I have only recently noticed my PC's DVD player does not play standard film DVDs. Having looked up a few web sites I find that this is a familiar question given the apparent lack of DVD support in Windows 10 but several sites have recommended VLC Player as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd wont play windows 10 laptop

2. dvd wont play on windows 10 computer

3. dvd wont play on windows 10 pc

4. my dvd wont play on windows 10,
  5. movies wont play on my windows 10,
  6. dvd wont play in pc,
  7. dvd wont play on laptop windows 10,
  8. my computer windows 10 wont play my DVDs,
  9. windows 10 wont play dvd,
  10. dvd wont play on pc,
  11. my windows 10 laptop wont play dvds,