Windows 10: dvi hdmi adapter

Discus and support dvi hdmi adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulmandas, Sep 23, 2022.

1. dvi hdmi adapter

When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm

:)

paulmandas, Sep 23, 2022
  2. tigger Win User

dvi/hdmi adapter to dvi on monitor

can i connect a monitor that has dvi on it like this-

dvi to hdmi adapter on graphics card to monitor using dvi to hdmi cable?

I will connect the dvi to hdmi cable into the monitor and connect the hdmi on the end of it to the hdmi on the adapter connected to the monitor.Will it work.

thanks tigger.

tigger, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Sep 23, 2022
  4. MoonPig Win User

dvi hdmi adapter

dvi/hdmi adapter to dvi on monitor

Ok, it works. I have this:

8800GT > DVI to HDMI cable > HDMI to DVI Adapter > Asus VH226

When it's ment to standby the screen, it goes black. Perfect.

MoonPig, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

dvi hdmi adapter

1. dvi hdmi adapter - Similar Threads - dvi hdmi adapter

2. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  3. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  4. DVI to HDMI adapter?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DVI to HDMI adapter?: My new desktop came today and my monitor has a 9 pin plug (I believe that it’s an hdmi port? the monitor is an HP, model LV2311) the desk top has hdmi or dvi ports only. Is it best to get a dvi to hdmi adapter and use a hdmi cable, or get a dvi cable and skip the adapter.?
  5. hdmi to dual dvi

hdmi to dual dvi: my windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-dual-dvi/45536e2d-2f17-4ad8-bf9f-7451f367f4e4
  6. Windows detect HDMI as DVI

Windows detect HDMI as DVI: Today 2 forced updated occured and then my resolution went to ****, and I have no audio from my tv, I tried reinstalling the graphics card's driver thrice and nothing, I downloaded the new windows major update, and nothing, I still haven't reinstalled windows but I see...
  7. HDMI to DVI converter?

HDMI to DVI converter?: my laptop display runs at 1920x1080 at 60hz refresh rate. i wanted to buy an external moniter for a bigger screen. my laptop only has 1 hdmi port and no dvi. i want the benefits of dvi as it can increase refresh rate according to the external monitor by using a hdmi to dvi...
  8. HDMI and DVI

HDMI and DVI: On PC monitors is the image better on a "HDMI" then a "DVI" connection? 44960
  9. DVI-D to HDMI problem

DVI-D to HDMI problem: My desktop (HP p7-1110) computer has been used for a few years with the monitor plugged into the VGA port. There's also a DVI-D port back there. I've recently acquired a larger monitor and wish to send it an HDMI signal which the old monitor wasn't capable of. I looked...
  10. HDMI inferior to DVI?

HDMI inferior to DVI?: I thought that a graphics card with both outputs would run the same resolutions from each. My HIS Radeon 5670 iceq has a max of 2560X1600 through DVI, the HIS spec's don't give a figure for the HDMI. The AMD site gives 2560X1600 for DVI and 1920X1200 for HDMI. I've been...