Windows 10: DVI Ports not Recognised

Discus and support DVI Ports not Recognised in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have 2 computers linked by a Belkin KVM. Everything was working fine until yesterday. I booted up PC 2 and the POST screen came up but just when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tw33k, May 25, 2018.

1. tw33k Win User

DVI Ports not Recognised

I have 2 computers linked by a Belkin KVM. Everything was working fine until yesterday. I booted up PC 2 and the POST screen came up but just when it was about to show the Windows log in screen, the monitor displayed no signal. The graphics card has a HDMI cable connected to my TV and that is working, just none of the 2 DVI ports.

This happened a while ago and I ended up reinstalling Windows which solved the problem but I'm hoping to avoid doing that this time and actually fixing the problem.

The monitor is definitely working as I'm typing this using PC 1.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card. Driver is up to date so I'm out of ideas. It's strange the HDMI port works but neither DVI port is detected

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I ran the AMD cleanup utility to totally remove all the software. When the PC rebooted, the monitor was working, just low res.

I installed the Radeon software again, the screen went blank and made the noise like it found new hardware. The TV came back on but the monitor showed no signal again.

So the problem is with the Radeon software

UPDATE 2: I ran the AMD clean up utility again but this time I let Windows update install the graphics software. Same problem. HDMI to TV works but DVI ports are not recognised

:)

tw33k, May 25, 2018
  2. Toni289 Win User

external USB multi card reader not recognised by Windows 10 although a Flash drive is recognised in the same port

I recently purchased an all in one external card reader to plug into my USB port. I have Windows 10 which does not recognise it but recognises a flash drive in the same port, most unusual as Device Manager does not show it to even exist when its plugged
    in, can you suggest a fix for this ? I have tried it in an other friends computer still no GO

Toni289, May 25, 2018
  3. Continuum display dock work with a DVI monitor?

Hi,

Yes, the Continuum display dock works with a DVI monitor input, if you use an HDMI to DVI converter. Using a Display Port to DVI converter is not recommended, though.

Thanks.

-Darcie

Darcie [MSFT], May 25, 2018
Thema:

DVI Ports not Recognised

1. DVI Ports not Recognised - Similar Threads - DVI Ports Recognised

2. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only DVI port outputs video: I've reinstalled windows recently and changed the monitor. PC used to work with Display Port or HDMI and card also has DVI. Now no port neither in graphics card or motherboard besides DVI has video output. When plugging something into Graphics Card HDMI, Nvidia Control panel...
  3. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only DVI port outputs video: I've reinstalled windows recently and changed the monitor. PC used to work with Display Port or HDMI and card also has DVI. Now no port neither in graphics card or motherboard besides DVI has video output. When plugging something into Graphics Card HDMI, Nvidia Control panel...
  4. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB ports not recognising anything but work

USB ports not recognising anything but work: My double usb port on my HP Pavillion 15 isn't recognising any device i plug in but i am able to charge ok from them, i have removed all the serial bus drivers etc and disabled/enabled but nothing seems to be workingHelp me please anyone Kevin...
  6. USB ports not recognising anything but work

USB ports not recognising anything but work: My double usb port on my HP Pavillion 15 isn't recognising any device i plug in but i am able to charge ok from them, i have removed all the serial bus drivers etc and disabled/enabled but nothing seems to be workingHelp me please anyone Kevin...
  7. USB port not recognising devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port not recognising devices: Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so...
  8. USB port not recognising devices

USB port not recognising devices: Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so...
  9. DVI monitors not recognised after recent Windows updates

DVI monitors not recognised after recent Windows updates: The issue is that a laptop with an HDMI port fails to recognise a Dell monitor connected via either an HDMI/DVI cable or an HDMI/HDMI cable plus HDMI/DVI adapter. This has worked for over a year but recent Windows updates seem to have broken this and now only monitors...
  10. Com ports not recognised.

Com ports not recognised.: I recently started getting problems on my PC (Quad core 8300) not recognising ports with an error 5. Having reinstalled everything USB wise (drivers for usb, 3d printer, hubs etc) I now have a weird solution. If I attach my Delta 3d printer it identifies it as com3 and...