Windows 10: DWM-157 USB Modem

Discus and support DWM-157 USB Modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; DWM-157 gets disconnected when plugged in after window 10 after system update, which windows 10 was newly installed. D-Link when is enter connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShajiK, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ShajiK Win User

DWM-157 USB Modem

DWM-157 gets disconnected when plugged in after window 10 after system update, which windows 10 was newly installed.

D-Link when is enter connect after connecting to my USB port, it shows ERROR ID 720.
    kindly advise me how to get connected.

:)

ShajiK, Mar 15, 2020

2. Unable to install D-LINK MODEM DWM 157 in Windows 10

Hi All

I'm trying to install a TELKOM D-LINK MODEM (DWM 157) on windows 10 computer,but it just shows a block message.

What should I do?

dumisani cyrilmdletshe, Mar 15, 2020
  3. D-Link DWM-156 USB Modem blocked by Windows 10

Hi Alfie!

I had the same problem like you. So i solved it by this simple way:

• Open Command Line(cmd) as an Administrator. You can do that by Right Click on window sign(start sign in windows 10) and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and Paste files included in the storage of DWM-156 USB Modem.
    • Now run the setup program of DWM-156 USB Modem like this: c:\Users\M\Desktop\DW156>StartModem.exe
    • So you can install your modem in Windows 10 successfully.

HosseinHarooni, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Alfie Vu Win User

DWM-157 USB Modem

D-Link DWM-156 USB Modem blocked by Windows 10

DayanandP,

Do EXACTLY as HosseinHarooni's reply as pasted below and you'll get it to work. I already replaced the modem so can't replicate for you again.

• Open Command Line(cmd) as an Administrator. You can do that by Right Click on window sign(start sign in windows 10) and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and Paste files included in the storage of DWM-156 USB Modem.
    • Now run the setup program of DWM-156 USB Modem like this: c:\Users\M\Desktop\DW156>StartModem.exe
    • So you can install your modem in Windows 10 successfully.

Open command prompt(cmd) and follow the rest of the above instructions you'll be fine.

Regards,

av

Alfie Vu, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

DWM-157 USB Modem

1. DWM-157 USB Modem - Similar Threads - DWM 157 USB

2. USB Modem Has No Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Modem Has No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up the phone. I have tried many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  3. USB Modem Has No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem Has No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up the phone. I have tried many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  4. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  5. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  6. Usb Modem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Usb Modem: Hello, I am using usb modem Huawei for the intenet on my pc and everything is working but the microsoft store and xbox app. When I switch to Wi-fi everything works fine. Why ? Error code : 0x80131500...
  7. Roaming with a USB cellular modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming with a USB cellular modem: While trying to roam internationally with a USB cellular modem I am unable to select any network other than the home network and therefore unable to connect. The instructions say you can chooseSearch for networks, and then select another cellular network, but there is no...
  8. USB modem won’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB modem won’t connect to the internet: The problem occurred after Windows 10 update. The USB modem won’t connect with a message that the connection is interrupted. How to fix the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-modem-wont-connect-to-the-internet/b883ab70-2d7d-4e8a-8d89-cb258c8a6c5d
  9. USB modem BSOD WDF error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB modem BSOD WDF error: I have a us robotics 5637 modem on a brand new dell machine with windows 10. modem dials out fine but on disconnect sequence it BSOD. i have updated the drivers and firmware on the modem, done all windows updates, and removed the usb controller from device manager and let it...
  10. D-Link Modem 157

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D-Link Modem 157: Why Why Why ???? is windows 10 blocking my D-Link Modem 157 insallation?? I can not even run it as administrator from browsing or from the command prompt Somebody PLEASE Help It keep on telling me it is blocked for my protection ?? but I always used it before the latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is D Link DWM 157 is compatible with windows 11?

2. d-link dwm 157 freeware

3. dlink modem not installing on windows 10

4. c:\Users\M\Desktop\DW156>StartModem.exe.