Windows 10: DWM and other windows errors causing my monitors to not turn on and chrome to have a total...

Discus and support DWM and other windows errors causing my monitors to not turn on and chrome to have a total... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, lately i've had this issue for a good while that started with my 1080, where windows after 3 hours+ after i turned off my monitors doesn't turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DuckersMcQuack, Dec 12, 2018.

1. DWM and other windows errors causing my monitors to not turn on and chrome to have a total...

So, lately i've had this issue for a good while that started with my 1080, where windows after 3 hours+ after i turned off my monitors doesn't turn on my monitors again. I thought it was my main monitor at first as it too struggles to turn on again, and if i reconnected my main DP monitor, the gpu would cancel out the other monitors as well. But this time with my new RTX 2080, all my monitors was gone. So i reconnected my main one, and i got picture back, but chrome had a total crash where it was completely black and it's window was looking like a windows 95 or 98 window with a small tab saying chrome.exe with just a red X on the top right corner, and this was the errors i get from event viewer:

___

First error:
    > Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0xe52aabf3
    Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x65614da1
    Exception code: 0xe0464645
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000017e94
    Faulting process ID: 0x6b0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d492385b0870b6
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
    Report ID: 6e98b58a-a394-40f7-84bd-e9d64127946c
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

___

First warning after the error:

> The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. (Process exit code: 0xe0464645, Restart count: 1, Primary display device ID: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080)

___

Second warning:
    > Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

And component ID being tiledatamodelsvc

___

Third warning:
    >Profile notification of event Unload for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Title ID being tiledatamodelsvc a second time

___

Fourth warning being the same as the second:
    >Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

___

So what does this mean? I am on 1809, and can't roll back either as i'm apparently past 14 days.

I can't say for sure if it's the update as i can't remember having this issue before the update as i wanted 1809 for the DXR in Battlefield 5 which i by the way, don't need anymore. (the raytracing)

All drivers up to date.

Specs:

8700k @ 4.9Ghz

MSI RTX 2080 tri X
    2x 16GB 2666mhz
    Win 10 home 1809

Windows on a 970 evo NVME 250GB

:)

DuckersMcQuack, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Explorer service stops when screen is turned off (only occurs when 2nd Monitor is connected)

Hi Yeou,

The problem may be related to the drivers that run when you connect the laptop to another monitor. To have a better idea about the cause of this, please answer these questions:

• Do you get any error messages when Windows Explorer crashes?
    • Have you checked if there are available updates in Windows Update?

We suggest you check for updates in Windows Update and install the new updates. You can also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter available in Control Panel. To do so, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left panel.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and allow the troubleshooter to run.

The troubleshooter will check for any errors that may be causing the problem to happen when you connect your laptop to a second monitor, and automatically correct the issues it finds.

Let us know if you are able to fix the problem after following the suggestions above.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Edleen Win User
    Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Dec 12, 2018
  4. DWM and other windows errors causing my monitors to not turn on and chrome to have a total...

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

DWM and other windows errors causing my monitors to not turn on and chrome to have a total...

1. DWM and other windows errors causing my monitors to not turn on and chrome to have a total... - Similar Threads - DWM errors causing

2. Having issues with DWM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with DWM: the major issue is DWM crashed error occurred in so many times while using the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-dwm/470b6ebc-54c1-4101-8aa8-44c56046870f
  3. Having issues with DWM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with DWM: the major issue is DWM crashed error occurred in so many times while using the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-dwm/470b6ebc-54c1-4101-8aa8-44c56046870f
  4. What is causing dwm to crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing dwm to crash?: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  5. What is causing dwm to crash?

What is causing dwm to crash?: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  6. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  7. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  8. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Snapping causes windows to cross over to my other monitor (HELP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping causes windows to cross over to my other monitor (HELP): I think from the most recent windows update, my PC has been snapping windows from one desktop into the other. Now this ONLY happens when I snap the window, not when I maximize window in their respective desktop. So I am not sure what is causing this problem. Please send...
  10. dual monitors causing issues with each other

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    dual monitors causing issues with each other: so the issue im having is so very far beyond bizzare to me. i will try to give as much detail as possible though. i just recently installed windows 10 on a brand new SSD without any previous OS installed. i also just bought a new shiny 4K TV but am still using my Acer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Faulting application name: dwm.exe version: 10.0.17763.1 time stamp: module name: KERNEL32.DLL version: 10.0.17763.475 time stamp: Exception code: 0xe0464645

2. chrome is black after dwm

3. faulting application name: dwm.exe version: 10.0.17763.1

4. dwm 0xe0464645,
  5. faulting application name: dwm.exe version: 10.0.17763. Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL Exception code: 0xe0464645