Windows 10: DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it.

Discus and support DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and have been running into this issue daily. It seems like every time I plug into the TV, it feels like the refresh rate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andersma, May 12, 2020.

1. DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it.

I just got a new laptop and have been running into this issue daily. It seems like every time I plug into the TV, it feels like the refresh rate basically halves or I just get general stuttering. Nothing seems to be eating up much CPU/Memory when this happens, but ending the Desktop Window Manager task fixes it every time.

This also occasionally happens when I'm plugged in via HDMI and a new app goes Full Screen or exits full screen.

Whenever I'm plugged in, the TV is the only monitor. Also, my graphics driver is up-to-date...

Any help? Like, I'm glad I know ending that task fixes it, but I wish I could just find the root of the problem.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/andersma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andersma, May 12, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, May 12, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Finding username DWM-1 on the task manager

Interesting. Out of curiosity I switched users until In was signed in with three of my local accounts at the same time. I ended up with DWM-1, -2 & -3.

DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it. [​IMG]

DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it. [​IMG]

4. DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it.

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, May 12, 2020
Thema:

DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it.

1. DWM Causing Stuttering/Lag When Plugging in HDMI. Ending the task fixes it. - Similar Threads - DWM Causing Stuttering

2. Lag when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when laptop is plugged in: I have noticed that my games tend to run smoother when it's not plugged in, but not very good when it is plugged in, how do I fix this?I have a Dell Inspo 14 5410 on Windows 11 with an 11th Gen Intel R Core TM Version 10.022621I understand that this laptop was not meant for...
  3. Lag when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when laptop is plugged in: I have noticed that my games tend to run smoother when it's not plugged in, but not very good when it is plugged in, how do I fix this?I have a Dell Inspo 14 5410 on Windows 11 with an 11th Gen Intel R Core TM Version 10.022621I understand that this laptop was not meant for...
  4. Lag When Charger Plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag When Charger Plugged: how do i fix when charger plug in it cause my laptop to lag this started happening yesterday im sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-charger-plugged/08cfc4af-f10d-486a-80cc-1bbc87b910a4
  5. Lag When Charger Plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag When Charger Plugged: how do i fix when charger plug in it cause my laptop to lag this started happening yesterday im sure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-charger-plugged/08cfc4af-f10d-486a-80cc-1bbc87b910a4
  6. Bluetooth speaker - stutter and lag - FIXED!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker - stutter and lag - FIXED!: I bought the modestly priced JVC TH-D227B to replace wired speakers, and the sound is great, but my oh my did it stutter and lag. This is with Windows 10 on a shiny new 'deep' double height Intel NUC with a 10th gen i5 processor, 32 GB RAM and blazing fast SSDs - so no...
  7. How to fix Plug in laptop cause lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Plug in laptop cause lag: Whenever i plug in my charger it cause lag so i wasnt able to play my game i have already try change the power plan stuff but it dont work is there any way so that i can play some game peacefully?Info:Lenovo x2204 RamIntel Hd Graphic 3000Ps: I also notice the battery icon on...
  8. laptop lagged when plugged in

laptop lagged when plugged in: hello everyone ,i have a hp elitebook 8460 p and i saerched for this problem for a long time , i saw some peaple fixed it when they shanched their power plan but that doesn"t work , so the exact problem is that when i plug my pc in for charching it is almost unuseble i tried...
  9. Lagging when plugged in

Lagging when plugged in: Hi there. I followed a thread to try and help improve my laptops performance when plugged in but still there is lagging. I have changed the advanced power plan and the charger is directly in the olug and not through a secondary source. Is there a possibility i need to get a...
  10. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings: Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the stuttering, i already tried to reinstall graphic drivers, but any version i install, keeps the stutterings. So the only option...