Windows 10: DWM crashing, computer loses connection to monitor.

Discus and support DWM crashing, computer loses connection to monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this issue since a while back, it started August 6th or 7th I think. Whenever I try to play 3D games (that previously worked fine),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeatyLearner509, Sep 14, 2018.

1. DWM crashing, computer loses connection to monitor.

I've been having this issue since a while back, it started August 6th or 7th I think. Whenever I try to play 3D games (that previously worked fine), the framerate starts dropping and eventually the monitor just disconnects from the computer. Everything else keeps working though, videos keep running and I can still, for example, restart the computer through keyboard shorcuts. I've tried reinstalling older graphics card drivers (using a GT 705), as well as Windows Updates, but the issue hasn't stopped. In the event viewer I get reports that dwm.exe has crashed with the exception code 0xe0464645 at the time the monitor loses connection, but I don't what's causing that . Any ideas on how to solve this problem are greatly appreciated.

:)

MeatyLearner509, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Retro55 Win User

Both monitors lose connection while computer is still running

Another thing I forgot to mention was that when the computer does lose connection to the monitors, when I press the num and caps lock keys the lights dont change.

Retro55, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Retro55 Win User

For a few days now my computer has been losing connection to both of my monitors while the computer itself still runs. After the monitors lose connection the audio still plays for half a minute while stuttering a few times before it stops. This generally only occurs while i'm playing games, mainly first person shooters. Before this issue started occurring I was having troubles with my internet, but as soon as i fixed that problem my computer started doing these weird crashes. I'm still not entirely sure how i fixed my internet problem but I did take out a a network card that had problem staying connected and uninstalled the driver for it and another wireless adapter. And before the network issue i was having problems with random restarting without an error message but that stopped occurring after I took out my card and put it back in.

At the moment the fan on my GPU is disconnected since it rattles a lot, but the temperature still doesn't exceed anything over 70 degrees Celsius while i'm playing games. On the other hand my CPU is reaching temperatures of 85 degrees, which i'm not sure if it is a high temperature.

System specs:
    CPU - A6-6400K APU
    GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 4GB
    MOBO - ASRock FM2A55M -HD+
    PSU - ATX 12v 2.3 VER (model no. RK - P650)

Retro55, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Retro55 Win User

DWM crashing, computer loses connection to monitor.

Would this be anything to do with my processor because the system keeps running after the monitors lose connection?

Retro55, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

DWM crashing, computer loses connection to monitor.

1. DWM crashing, computer loses connection to monitor. - Similar Threads - DWM crashing computer

2. Dwm crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dwm crash: My dwm is crashing I keep getting bro brought back to the login in right away every time can’t seem to get around it what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-crash/7857facb-6917-495d-ad81-5e1c773106d9
  3. Dwm crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dwm crash: My dwm is crashing I keep getting bro brought back to the login in right away every time can’t seem to get around it what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-crash/7857facb-6917-495d-ad81-5e1c773106d9
  4. Dwm crash with black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dwm crash with black screen: Looking for assistance with DWM crash using windows 10 latest updatesSeems like most troubleshooting I could find was "Hardware" related i.e. loose power cable. this does not apply to my setup as it has been checked with no issues. I have tried all of these settings in...
  5. DWM Crash on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM Crash on virtual machine: Looking for assistance with DWM crash using windows 10 latest updates within virtual box.Seems like most troubleshooting I could find was "Hardware" related i.e. loose power cable. this does not apply to my virtual machine. I have tried all of these settings in multiple...
  6. DWM Crash on virtual machine

DWM Crash on virtual machine: Looking for assistance with DWM crash using windows 10 latest updates within virtual box.Seems like most troubleshooting I could find was "Hardware" related i.e. loose power cable. this does not apply to my virtual machine. I have tried all of these settings in multiple...
  7. DWM keeps on crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM keeps on crashing: It's been happening for a few days..but now the intensity has increased. Earlier, I didn't know why it happened but today a pop-up came and told me that dwm is crashing. I have windows 11Please help me with this....
  8. DWM keeps on crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DWM keeps on crashing: It's been happening for a few days..but now the intensity has increased. Earlier, I didn't know why it happened but today a pop-up came and told me that dwm is crashing. I have windows 11Please help me with this....
  9. pc loses connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    pc loses connection to monitor: so i didnt have this problem before and all the sudden yesterday my pc loses connetion with my monitor pc still on and sounding normal no overheating what so ever i can still hear music and stuff and it only happends when i play games and edit videos yesterday i lost like so...
  10. Dwm crashing

Dwm crashing: Hi. I've been just using my computer pretty generally playing games and such and this program DWM.exe crashes very often especially when opening an application I beleive higher resolutions do make the issue worse but it's been happening more and more often and I'm afraid my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DWM Crashing

2. dwm error switching off monitors

3. dwm 0xe0464645

4. dwm crash exception code: 0xe0464645