Windows 10: dwm.exe 100% CPU load

Discus and support dwm.exe 100% CPU load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this Windows 10 (1903 with latest updates) computer that I log on to by using Remote Desktop. As long as I am logged in, everything is fine. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ben Hastings, Sep 3, 2019.

1. dwm.exe 100% CPU load

I have this Windows 10 (1903 with latest updates) computer that I log on to by using Remote Desktop.

As long as I am logged in, everything is fine. As soon as I disconnect and the user remains logged on, Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) jumps to 100% CPU usage. (The dwm.exe instance running in the context of that user).

This gets to the point where, after some time, the computer becomes unresponsive and I cannot log in anymore at all.

I have tried re-installing Windows and using different user accounts created from scratch. It always comes back.

The computer is a virtual machine running on Hyper-V.

What can I do?

:)

Ben Hastings, Sep 3, 2019
  2. PaulP204 Win User

DWM uses lot of CPU

Thanks for your answer and help!

I performed the suggested actions, but unfortunately no result. I just repeated the troubleshooting but no results.

This morning the same occurred DWM took lots of CPU and UI is slowing down to unworkable. It took 10-15 min and then is was normal again.

Is there Anything I can Do?

Thanks,

Paul

PaulP204, Sep 3, 2019
  3. ricardobohner, Sep 3, 2019
  4. ConiGL Win User

dwm.exe 100% CPU load

ConiGL, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

dwm.exe 100% CPU load

1. dwm.exe 100% CPU load - Similar Threads - dwm exe 100%

2. Experiencing 100% CPU Load at Inconsistent Intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing 100% CPU Load at Inconsistent Intervals: I have been experiencing stuttering on my PC caused by my CPU maxing out at random intervals usually in the 2-20 minutes range. I originally thought that the cause was related to another problem I have been experiencing:...
  3. Windows 11 Taskmanager 100% CPU-Load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskmanager 100% CPU-Load: Hi Guys,Starting Windows11 it can happen that Taskmanager shows 100 % CPU-Load but MSI Center showing just a few percent.Restarting Windows 11 is resolving right away!What could it be - Taskmanager-Bug?Thanks in advance and BR,Chris...
  4. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  5. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  6. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. dwm 100 gpu ussage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm 100 gpu ussage: When I'm playing games, my graphics card usage jumps to 100 and when I look at it, I see that dwm.exe is using 90% of the time, and this happens very often and it undermines my gaming experience, please help...
  8. dwm 100 gpu ussage

dwm 100 gpu ussage: When I'm playing games, my graphics card usage jumps to 100 and when I look at it, I see that dwm.exe is using 90% of the time, and this happens very often and it undermines my gaming experience, please help...
  9. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  10. dwm.exe 100% CPU load

in Windows 10 Support
    dwm.exe 100% CPU load: I have this Windows 10 (1903 with latest updates) computer that I log on to by using Remote Desktop. As long as I am logged in, everything is fine. As soon as I disconnect and the user remains logged on, dwm.exe jumps to 100% CPU usage. (The dwm.exe instance running in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp 100% cpu unresolved problem windows 10 1903 dwm.exe