Windows 10: DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...

Discus and support DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is having an issue with DWM.exe and CSRSS.exe. When gaming, they bring GPU 0 (integrated Intel Graphics) to 100%, bottle-necking my GPU 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Okay-Chr1s, Sep 20, 2018.

1. DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...

My computer is having an issue with DWM.exe and CSRSS.exe. When gaming, they bring GPU 0 (integrated Intel Graphics) to 100%, bottle-necking my GPU 1 (Nvidia 1050 mobile) causing excessive lag and a lot of heat. It comes in waves it seems, 10 min into gaming it starts, then 5-20 min later it ends, letting me play for 20-30 min with no issues, then it does it again.

I have tried the following things:

~Checked for graphics card driver updates

~Reverted to previous versions of graphics card drivers

~Refreshed windows using the system recovery tools

~Fresh install of windows, games, and all drivers

~Turned off GPU 0 and GPU 1 switching

~Used GPU 0 instead of GPU 1

~Updated all other drivers

~Updated BIOS

~Downgraded BIOS

~Ran DISM and SFC

~Cleaned and re-thermal pasted both heat syncs and fan shrouds.

And the problem persists.

I have a Dell XPS 15 (2017) 9560, with a Core i7 770HQ and an Nvidia 1050 incase that info is needed.

:)

Okay-Chr1s, Sep 20, 2018

2. csrss.exe high GPU usage at desktop screen

Thanks for your reply Franklin.

I did full-scan by windows defender as well as malwarebytes. No threats found.

In msconfig, no csrss found. Actually for my story, the csrss.exe does not start until a few seconds after I enter desktop. That is to say, first few seconds everything is normal and then csrss.exe starts to run and cause high usage of GPU.

GPU driver has been updated to the latest version... no luck.

Thanks for your advice anyways! I will keep researching on this.

Arthur_Jin, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Ege. Win User
    windows 10.exe high cpu usage

hey

yesterday i found that my cpu usage is so high and windows 10.exe is responsible for it. it uses %60 cpu constantly and when i try to execute, it starts again automatically. i tried windows deffender to scan but it couldnt find any malware etc. also when
    i diconnected from internet and killed windows 10.exe from task manager it is not coming back.

i hope you can find a sollution.

thank you inadvance

ps: i am using windows 10 64 bit.

4. DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...

Weird GPU Usage

so recently i've experienced a massive GPU utilization even I didnt play any games
    here I attached the GPU-Z ss and system usage showed almost no GPU usage beside dwm and csrss

what I did so far is reinstall driver but the problem still insist
    been using its for a year but this problem happened for this last 1-2 weeks
    my GPU is R7 250X

chaosmassive, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage...

1. DWM.EXE and CSRSS.exe causing high GPU usage... - Similar Threads - DWM EXE CSRSS

2. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  3. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  4. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  5. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  7. DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u7m40go4z8b61.png?width=666&format=png&auto=webp&s=a54ff7e9c58e02b4417c2abc2d4682e8e03c2e36 submitted by /u/mr_griffon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx0o1w/dwm_exe_high_memory_anyone_know_how_to_fix_it/
  8. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dwm and csrss using my gpu: Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not...
  9. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  10. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings: Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the stuttering, i already tried to reinstall graphic drivers, but any version i install, keeps the stutterings. So the only option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix hardware scheduling causing dwm.exe and csrss.exe high gpu usage

2. how to find what causing dwm and csrss to issues

3. windows 10 dwm and high graphics programs

4. csrss.exe high gpu ?,
  5. dwm.exe causing resource-exhaustion-detector windows 10,
  6. csrss.exe high gpu,
  7. csrrs.exe and dwm.exe cause high gpu