Windows 10: dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions

Discus and support dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past 4 weeks I am now hit with the dreaded dwm.exe crash. If I do any gaming at all my screens go black and sometimes my fans go up to high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neodome, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Neodome Win User

dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions

For the past 4 weeks I am now hit with the dreaded dwm.exe crash. If I do any gaming at all my screens go black and sometimes my fans go up to high RPM. I can still hear music in background so the dwm.exe crashes and doesnt do anything requiring a full restart.Checking windows logs I found - Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x7cbe2305Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.22000.708, time stamp: 0x920c2cabException code: 0x8898008dFault offset: 0x00

:)

Neodome, Jun 30, 2022
  2. coth Win User

DWM crash (black screen on login) in shcore.dll on every Samsung NP300

None of this help. DWM keep occasionally crashing before login with permanent black screen (until next successful boot).

Drivers are all up-to-date.

3. Full screen Games Causing Black screen (Monitor "Disconnects") before Crashing

Quick Update: I looked through Reliability History, and I noticed some events were it was listed as an error caused by nvlddmkm.sys, however I could not match the time frame to any of the crashes that occurred (mainly because idk if these crashes are actually
    being recorded or not). One thing I also noticed, was that I could run a game like say Minecraft on fullscreen, and it would work fine. However, once I changed some settings in Nvidia Control Panel, the black screen would occur with that as well

HamzaHussain23, Jun 30, 2022
  4. gangel77 Win User

Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming

Hi People,

I built my own PC and its been running great for 2 years.

Using an SSD for OS and boot, and 1TB black drive for games and programs.

I recently installed "Heroes of Newerth" for some giggles. I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc.

Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black, no sound or beeps, no error, nothing.

My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on.

My keyboard has multiple user levels, (4) each have different colour lights, but none of the user levels work, which makes me think the driver is not running on that, so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed.??

Ive done a SMART test and all good
    Done a memory test (windows) and 100%, no errors found.

Aside from this i dont know what the next step is.

Usually i solve these on my own, but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific!

ideas anyone?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

Gangel

gangel77, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions - Similar Threads - dwm exe crash

2. Dwm crash with black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dwm crash with black screen: Looking for assistance with DWM crash using windows 10 latest updatesSeems like most troubleshooting I could find was "Hardware" related i.e. loose power cable. this does not apply to my setup as it has been checked with no issues. I have tried all of these settings in...
  3. Dwm crash with black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dwm crash with black screen: Looking for assistance with DWM crash using windows 10 latest updatesSeems like most troubleshooting I could find was "Hardware" related i.e. loose power cable. this does not apply to my setup as it has been checked with no issues. I have tried all of these settings in...
  4. Dwm crash with black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DWM crash and Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Causing black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM crash and Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Causing black screen: when i play games and so far tested it with 5 games so far and 4 out the 5 games causes the black screen in which the monitor looses signal and the only way to turn the monitor back on is to manually restart/shutdown the pc either from pressing the power button or manually on...
  6. DWM crash and Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Causing black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DWM crash and Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Causing black screen: when i play games and so far tested it with 5 games so far and 4 out the 5 games causes the black screen in which the monitor looses signal and the only way to turn the monitor back on is to manually restart/shutdown the pc either from pressing the power button or manually on...
  7. DWM crash and Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll Causing black screen

8. Black Screen Crash while gaming

Black Screen Crash while gaming: I was playing a game on my computer until my computer Monitor Went black and then I was forced to shut off my computer. This is the error code I recieved:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffda8348613010, 0xfffff8062e650c20,...
  9. dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe crash and causes black screen while gaming/intensive sessions: For the past 4 weeks I am now hit with the dreaded dwm.exe crash. If I do any gaming at all my screens go black and sometimes my fans go up to high RPM. I can still hear music in background so the dwm.exe crashes and doesnt do anything requiring a full restart.Checking...
  10. Black Screen Crashes While Gaming

Black Screen Crashes While Gaming: Seems to happen randomly while playing any game. Had it happen during Tomb Raider, Psychonauts 2, Company of Heroes and even Deus Ex. Not sure what's causing it to be honest. All I could find in Event Viewer was "Event 1001, BugCheck The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....