Windows 10: dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games

Discus and support dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Event viewer logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Verolex, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Verolex Win User

dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games

Event viewer logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1889, time stamp: 0xe9ede6d6Exception code: 0xe0464645Fault offset: 0x000000000010fb62Faulting process id: 0x51e8Faulting application start time: 0x01d8c1cb0721bc2cFaulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exeFaulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dllRe

:)

Verolex, Sep 6, 2022
  2. ricardobohner, Sep 6, 2022
  3. Every game I try to play, after a few minutes of playing, it crashes.

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• When you say, "Every game" exactly which game are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Windows Store games or any other games installed through CD/DVD?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to play?
    As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers and check.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Method 2: Install the latest Windows updates and check if this helps.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• In search type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install
      the latest windows updates.
    Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 6, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

1. dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games - Similar Threads - dwm exe crashing

2. PC Crashes when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes when trying to play games: I have made sure all my drivers are up to date. I have run sfc /scannow and had no issues. I have done mdsched and had no issues. I don't know what else to check. My pc is running within normal temps below 70 C.Here is the link to my minidump file if someone can check...
  3. PC Crashes when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashes when trying to play games: I have made sure all my drivers are up to date. I have run sfc /scannow and had no issues. I have done mdsched and had no issues. I don't know what else to check. My pc is running within normal temps below 70 C.Here is the link to my minidump file if someone can check...
  4. PC Crashes when trying to play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DWM crashes when I play Street Fighter 6.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM crashes when I play Street Fighter 6.: For the past 2 weeks, Street Fighter 6 has become unplayable as it keeps causing DWM to crash forcing me to restart my computer. This issue was not present when I had the game for the first week but started to get worse over time to the point where I can no longer play the...
  6. DWM crashes when I play Street Fighter 6.

DWM crashes when I play Street Fighter 6.: For the past 2 weeks, Street Fighter 6 has become unplayable as it keeps causing DWM to crash forcing me to restart my computer. This issue was not present when I had the game for the first week but started to get worse over time to the point where I can no longer play the...
  7. DWM crashes when I play Street Fighter 6.

8. Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.

Pc keeps crashing when trying to play games.: Hello all, Ive recently been facing a problem where playing games keeps radomly shutting my PC down. I play games such as CSGO or COD and radomly though a game, it will just turn off. Sometime it fully turns off with no lights on the PC and no power though any of it and...
  9. dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games: Event viewer logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1889, time stamp: 0xe9ede6d6Exception code: 0xe0464645Fault offset: 0x000000000010fb62Faulting process id:...
  10. dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games

dwm.exe crashing when trying to play games: Event viewer logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1889, time stamp: 0xe9ede6d6Exception code: 0xe0464645Fault offset: 0x000000000010fb62Faulting process id:...