Windows 10: dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager takes up 15%-60% of gpu usage

Discus and support dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager takes up 15%-60% of gpu usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I played Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare and got barely any fps, I usually get 140 fps but I got 20, I checked task manager and saw dwm.exe Desktop Window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by itamar alexandrovitz, May 2, 2020.

1. dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager takes up 15%-60% of gpu usage

I played Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare and got barely any fps, I usually get 140 fps but I got 20, I checked task manager and saw dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager took 60%. How do I fix it?

:)

itamar alexandrovitz, May 2, 2020

2. Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Hey everyone,

i got the same Problem since two days. My PC configuration is a Gigabyte 2070 Super 8GB and a Ryzen 7 3700X and ive got every update from Windows and Geforce experience. I am wondering why Windows doesnt said anything to this Problem after seeing this thread
    being 20 Pages Long. Does anybody tried These Solutions
    https://appuals.com/fix-desktop-window-manager-high-cpu-usage-dwm-exe/
    ?

First i thought the cause is Google Chrome because it made high gpu and Volt usage too but after an uninstall the Problem was still there.

Is there any Suggestion how to solve the Problem. If this link is working please tell me.

Supergamerbro28, May 2, 2020
  3. JimCol69 Win User
    Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Tried your registry trick long ago, back when you posted it, and it did nothing for the DWM problem on any of the computers the lab or my office.

DWM still unexplainably begin to occasionally work over the GPU in the back ground regardless of running or not running any Programs/Apps. No noticeable patterns to link the problem to any Program/App or activity.

As for DWM using GPU when play vids, yes very much expected. But after closing Vid program I would also expect DWM usage of GPU to go back down to under 5%, instead of increasing GPU usage to over 50%.

Tried just about every tweak and trick here to get DWM to stay normal (under 5% GPU usage with 20% spikes), but randomly DWM usage of GPU jumps up to 25% to 60% with spikes of 100% regardless of running any program “or” starting up computer letting it idle
    while I go work in studio lab.

Only thing that helps is saving any work and closing any programs I was using (If I was running anything), than cold reboot Windows OS to get DWM usage of GPU down.

The DWM problem is so bad and gave up on Microsoft even caring to about our problem. I installed a 2nd Hard Drive with windows 7 OS (using Mother Board Bios to switch which OS hard drive will Boot) to run all important work without having to occasionally
    save and cold reboot system.

JimCol69, May 2, 2020
  4. LiorG Win User

dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager takes up 15%-60% of gpu usage

Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Im having same issue whem im moving my cursor or any window it can use up to 35% of gpu ( dwm and csrss) even without gpu installed and the cpu usage goes up to 2%

But when im putting at nvidia 3d dwm to prefare maximum performance and restart my pc the desktop usage goes to 6% maximum but still in games that i had tested yet in the games csgo and apex legends the usage is about 5% when game running for both games
    , cod mw was using 99% cpu , and 36% dwm with 0% game usage (so this game could be the issue of so high usage) will test later pubg and fortnite

For some reason when im closing tab gpu usage is spiking to 100% for milisec

Help microsoft!!! And other companies

When doing nothing all is at 0.1%

Without gpu 0-3d but when moving it has gpu 0 3d agian

LiorG, May 2, 2020
Thema:

dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager takes up 15%-60% of gpu usage

1. dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager takes up 15%-60% of gpu usage - Similar Threads - dwm exe Desktop

2. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  3. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  4. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. URGENT DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER TAKING UP ALL OF GPU USAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER TAKING UP ALL OF GPU USAGE: I just found out today that desktop window manager dwm.exe has been taking up all my gpu. It will go down to 20% then spike back to 90% and spike to 100% before going back down, it will do this every second so my gpu always gets taken up. Please help me...
  6. URGENT DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER TAKING UP ALL OF GPU USAGE

URGENT DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER TAKING UP ALL OF GPU USAGE: I just found out today that desktop window manager dwm.exe has been taking up all my gpu. It will go down to 20% then spike back to 90% and spike to 100% before going back down, it will do this every second so my gpu always gets taken up. Please help me...
  7. URGENT DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER TAKING UP ALL OF GPU USAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop window manager GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager GPU usage.: Hello, I recently encountered this issue when dwm.exe uses a high percentage of my iGPU, sometimes up to 75%. This is causing the CPU temperatures to rise quickly. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this and how to fix it ?Here's an example:...
  9. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  10. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager gpu

2. desktop window manager using 60% gpu