Windows 10: DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage

Discus and support DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Posted earlier about how DWM has decided to eat my pc from the inside out. I can't do any simple task anymore without it interfering and slowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by windows10isbad, Feb 1, 2021.

1. DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage

Posted earlier about how DWM has decided to eat my pc from the inside out.

I can't do any simple task anymore without it interfering and slowing everything down.

Windows up to date, GPU drivers up to date, no malware, fresh install of windows as well.

I conclude that Microsoft has simply broken windows with an update

I have everything on the bare minimum. no fancy aero effects on or anything and still the usage is out of control.

DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage 36659356-3138-4bda-be0e-b7fe4d65ddbf?upload=true.png

As you can see it just decides to spike up whenever I do literally anything, playing games is impossible, it causes mouse input lag.

I see no viable fix as of right now and that's super frustrating, how am I supposed to use my PC?

I guess all I can say is GG and I hope a fix or something comes soon.

:)

windows10isbad, Feb 1, 2021
  2. ricardobohner, Feb 1, 2021
  3. bruinator Win User
    steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Feb 1, 2021
  4. DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage

Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Hey everyone,

i got the same Problem since two days. My PC configuration is a Gigabyte 2070 Super 8GB and a Ryzen 7 3700X and ive got every update from Windows and Geforce experience. I am wondering why Windows doesnt said anything to this Problem after seeing this thread
    being 20 Pages Long. Does anybody tried These Solutions
    https://appuals.com/fix-desktop-window-manager-high-cpu-usage-dwm-exe/
    ?

First i thought the cause is Google Chrome because it made high gpu and Volt usage too but after an uninstall the Problem was still there.

Is there any Suggestion how to solve the Problem. If this link is working please tell me.

Supergamerbro28, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage

1. DWM.exe has essentially taken over my pc with its usage - Similar Threads - DWM exe has

2. My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.: My school account has taken over my personal laptop and i can't sign in to my files. It keeps taking me back to my school account login page and i can't log into that either because my school account has been locked....
  3. My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.: My school account has taken over my personal laptop and i can't sign in to my files. It keeps taking me back to my school account login page and i can't log into that either because my school account has been locked....
  4. My school account has taken over my personal laptop and its files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  6. OneDrive has taken Over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  7. My PC was taken over by the Indians

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC was taken over by the Indians: Hello. Please don't judge my name but, I woke up today, unable to log into my PC. Every Time it booted on, I couldn't access my stuff due to a mode that prevented me from accessing and saving any files/changes. I tracked my device, and I don't know how I have TWO PCs but, one...
  8. Avast has taken over my defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast has taken over my defender: 'Your PC isn't being monitored because the app's service stopped. You should restart it now'. This is what I get any time I open my windows defender ever since Avast Antivirus was installed on my laptop. The Avast Antivirus seems to be the default Antivirus for my laptop...
  9. MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.

MMS.exe has taken over my Administration rights.: I have recently encountered that i cannot access Device manager and i am getting the following message,[IMG] I have tried command prompt but it appears that when i apply the necessary steps to try and over come this problem i get the following, [IMG] I cannot believe...
  10. My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft

My persoal laptop PC has been Taken over by Microsoft: <I have been on tech support twice and both time the tech fails to fix my system and just logs off remote assistance. My system is completly usless with over 25 GB of files I have no idea what they are. They have all been locked down with admin rights i don't have, yyet...