Windows 10: dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze

Discus and support dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new laptop, it doesn't have more than one moth with me, but something strange happens very often like twice a day minimum.I have 12 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReymarGranados, May 4, 2021.

1. dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze

Hello, I have a new laptop, it doesn't have more than one moth with me, but something strange happens very often like twice a day minimum.I have 12 GB of ram, which is plenty, but occasionally my computer stops working or freezing for several seconds, and when I check the Task Manager, the RAM got to an interval of 95~100% of usage, even when the programs I have opened don't consume more than 3-4 GB.It was very strange, so I start looking up the Resource Monitor, and looking in the "COMMIT KB" column of the Memory usage, the dwm.exe process which I know is a system service, consum

:)

ReymarGranados, May 4, 2021
  2. jmc884 Win User

High RAM consumption in DWM.exe process after Win10 Anniversary update

Anyone else having this problem?

dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze [​IMG]

dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze [​IMG]

my system is PT-BR, but the process eating 435mb is DWM.exe

jmc884, May 4, 2021
  3. How to increase dedicated video ram windows 10

i want to increase my dedicated video ram i have intel iris 5100 but i dont know how pls list a step by step way to increase it (windows 10)

muhammed dönmez, May 4, 2021
  4. dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze

ricardobohner, May 4, 2021
Thema:

dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze

1. dwm.exe increases its RAM consumption until system starts to freeze - Similar Threads - dwm exe increases

2. DWM Extreme ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DWM Extreme ram usage: I've already checked a lot of FAQs, threads for this issue, asking to user to update drivers or reset their PCs, making new user account.I tried them, didn't help. I want a simple guide or a script to prevent dwm from using more than 2GB of ramreached7.9GBs before it crashed...
  3. High consumption of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High consumption of RAM: When I open several programs. Memory consumption by DMW is very high. What is the problem??screenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-consumption-of-ram/89c233e4-3971-473b-9a55-0742dd522afb
  4. DWM RAM Usage Increases while using Teams

DWM RAM Usage Increases while using Teams: I have school classes in the morning for about 5 to 6 hours, during this period I can see the RAM usage of DWM increases to 1 to 1.5GB which is very unusual. I have to restart my laptop after the classes are over to see the RAM usage to have dropped significantly. I guess...
  5. dwm exe taking too much ram

dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  6. Increasing RAM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Increasing RAM: I have a lumia 950, is there a way to increase ram from 3 to 8? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-ram/0ec73083-aec0-422e-b95f-b05f60f85e21
  7. Increase RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase RAM: Hello my Son connects to a server, which asks him to allocate RAM, his laptop does t have much, is there a way of using the SSD as virtual RAM which would be acceptable to the server ? thanks 154126
  8. Increase the Ram

Increase the Ram: Can I increase my laptop ram? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-the-ram/543b890a-ddbe-4a8a-839f-1234841ada8b
  9. ram increase

ram increase: hey guys i wanna increase my ram from 4gb to 16gb or if possible 32gb i have windows 10 dell inspiron 5558 64bit and i just wanted to know if i can do it please tell me whether my laptop will support the ram increase or not... the hdd capacity is 500gb if not 16gb or 32gb...
  10. Higher RAM consumption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Higher RAM consumption: mr.rifas ahamed: I am using ASUS Pro P2540UV configured with Corei5, 8GB, 1TB HDD and Nvidia 920MX for last 2 months. Windows 10 Pro had been installed with this. After working for a while with various application, amount of RAM consumption does not reduce to initial level...