Windows 10: dwm.exe querying registry every time I move my mouse

Discus and support dwm.exe querying registry every time I move my mouse in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Video of ProcMon: https://streamable.com/kpkcn I noticed my FPS dropping a little too drastically when moving my mouse in games and I've found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zyphoo, Mar 20, 2020.

1. /u/zyphoo Win User

dwm.exe querying registry every time I move my mouse

Video of ProcMon:
    https://streamable.com/kpkcn

I noticed my FPS dropping a little too drastically when moving my mouse in games and I've found the cause, every time I move my mouse a ton of registry queries occur. Is this normal? If not, does anyone know a fix for this or what might cause it?

Value being accessed: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\ColorPrevalence

submitted by /u/zyphoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zyphoo, Mar 20, 2020
  2. ricardobohner, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Mar 20, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Entries in Registry

I think this could be related to a compatibility mode being applied to these programs.

E.g.
    windows registry - Get "SIGN.MEDIA"-Id for compatibility-mode in Windows7 - Super User

You will find more if you do the search suggested above.

E.g. your question was asked here:
    Lots of dead EXE files listed in registry Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Is the path similar to this?
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1412963132-789858852-2145561432-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted

dalchina, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. dwm.exe querying registry every time I move my mouse - Similar Threads - dwm exe querying

2. Audio crackling every time my mouse cursor is moved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio crackling every time my mouse cursor is moved.: Recently, I sent my laptop to a repair technician and it suddenly seemed that the problem of crackling didn't completely disappear. I am facing these issues every time I connect my laptop to the charger. I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-521H with 8th generation Intel...
  3. Audio crackling every time my mouse cursor is moved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio crackling every time my mouse cursor is moved.: Recently, I sent my laptop to a repair technician and it suddenly seemed that the problem of crackling didn't completely disappear. I am facing these issues every time I connect my laptop to the charger. I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-521H with 8th generation Intel...
  4. Audio crackling every time my mouse cursor is moved.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...: Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New Desktop and shows a scrolling document history. The issue has just started and appears to get worse, minimizing my screen and open documents every time I move my mouse and or move the...
  6. Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...

Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...: Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New Desktop and shows a scrolling document history. The issue has just started and appears to get worse, minimizing my screen and open documents every time I move my mouse and or move the...
  7. Every time I move my mouse, my screen is minimized with an option to add a desktop + New...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.: I have already managed to get it to fix the problem temporarily, each time I restart my computer the "wuauserv" registry gets deleted, I scanned my computer multiple times using my antivirus and it doesn't find a problem....
  9. UAC query every time I open Word

UAC query every time I open Word: I have Office 365 and Windows 10. Every time I open Word 2013 I get the UAC query. Is there any way to get this to stop? It doesn't happen with any other Office apps. 16068
  10. UAC Query Every Time I Open Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    UAC Query Every Time I Open Excel: Since I upgraded to Win 10 I get a UAC query every time I open Excel. How can I make it stop that behavior? 14225