Windows 10: dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet

Discus and support dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my new install of Windows 10, when I presented a Onenote window using Google Meet and wrote something using the pen, my screen and my cursor started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeremy Simbolon, Jul 29, 2020.

1. dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet

On my new install of Windows 10, when I presented a Onenote window using Google Meet and wrote something using the pen, my screen and my cursor started to freeze, rendering Ctrl+Shift+Esc and Ctrl+Alt+Del unavailable. So far, this has happened 5 times. After forcing the shutdown of my machine, checking Reliability report, in 2 instances I found dwm.exe stopped responding including my latest attempt to recreate the problem and I found 1 instance where Onenote stopped responding all three happened independently of each other.

These are the reports from Reliability report, ordered from oldest to latest attempt:

First

Description

The program dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 19e0

Start Time: 01d6642608fb1488

Termination Time: 60000

Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe

Report Id: 1d5392ea-a077-4d47-b726-01f62d6f877e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

______________________________________________________________________________

Second

Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.11126.20076.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\onenoteim.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: MoAppHang

Package Full Name: Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.11126.20076.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Application Name: praid:microsoft.onenoteim

Application Version: 16.0.11126.20076

Application Timestamp: 5c109faa

Hang Signature: 7f3a

Hang Type: 2097152

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.100

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 7f3a5d55835c83023d0573c7f69532f5

Additional Hang Signature 2: 489b

Additional Hang Signature 3: 489b450d8d601bf4918688112e0e0ac2

Additional Hang Signature 4: 7f3a

Additional Hang Signature 5: 7f3a5d55835c83023d0573c7f69532f5

Additional Hang Signature 6: 489b

Additional Hang Signature 7: 489b450d8d601bf4918688112e0e0ac2

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: f2a713ea7a2de1e955ec6c95442a06f0 1579756957649733360

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fifth

Description

The program dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: cc0
    Start Time: 01d664f14761ed3d
    Termination Time: 60000
    Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe
    Report Id: 02db67c3-1114-4a2f-aac9-89372bfbdc0f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

In both the third and fourth instances, no crash report involving any services or apps in Reliability Monitor can be found, only the mention of improper shutdown which also present in other three instances.

I tried several possible fix attempt. After the third freeze, I use the command sfc /scannow in cmd to no avail. After the fourth freeze, I found that my Onenote app was out of date. After updating to version 16001.12827.20538.0, the freeze still happened. I was using Onenote for Windows 10, not the 2016 one.

I wonder if this could possibly indicate any hardware issue, which I ultimately hope not, considering my machine is pretty new. Any help is welcomed.

Jeremy

:)

Jeremy Simbolon, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New improvements to layouts in Google Meet

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Improvements to layouts in Google Meet

Brink, Jul 29, 2020
  3. thuynh Win User
    Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite

When I click on a meeting invite in Outlook 2016, it stops responding. I am not experiencing this issue in Office 365.
    What I've done so far:

1. Deleted user's OST.
    2. Deleted users mail profile.
    3. Repaired Microsoft Office.
    4. Disabled cache mode.
    5. Started outlook and safe mode.
    6. Removed Add-ins.
    7. Confirmed Windows up to date.

None of these fixed the issue.

Any further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

thuynh, Jul 29, 2020
  4. dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet

Windows 10 dwm.exe errors

• Insider Preview is not installed.
    • Microsoft Security Essentials is the only antivirus installed.
    • I have done extensive troubleshooting to determine a specific desktop program a cause and could not identify a specific program causing the dwm.exe crash.
      • There is an ongoing explorer.exe crash caused by iCloud when the user shuts down or signs out. I believe Google Drive causes a similar explorer.exe crash but the explorer.exe crashes were more frequent back with Windows 8.
    Before the 1511 update I the computer was always very stable and when I noticed the dwm.exe breaking the start menu and all of the unified Windows interface components I tested with an image I created before the 1511 update and found no problems. I
    went back and forth trying to determine what in the upgrade process wasn't working or what program could have been causing this bug by uninstalling most of my third party programs before upgrading to 1511 yet the dwm.exe crash still occurred.

• The crashes also seem to correlate with when Windows is indexing.
    • The dwm.exe stopped working event sometimes coincides with a “ShellExperienceHost.exe Stopped responding and was closed” event.

bmxjumperc, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet

1. dwm.exe stopped responding when presenting Onenote using Google Meet - Similar Threads - dwm exe stopped

2. BSOD when using Zoom, Google Meet and Blackboard Ultra

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when using Zoom, Google Meet and Blackboard Ultra: I have an old Vostro 3578 and I swapped out its hdd with an ssd. Therefore, I had to reinstall windows and the relevant drivers. However, since I've reinstalled it I can't seem to use Zoom, Google Meet or Blackboard Ultra. When I use it my laptop crashes and gives the BSOD. I...
  3. BSOD when using Zoom, Google Meet and Blackboard Ultra

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using Zoom, Google Meet and Blackboard Ultra: I have an old Vostro 3578 and I swapped out its hdd with an ssd. Therefore, I had to reinstall windows and the relevant drivers. However, since I've reinstalled it I can't seem to use Zoom, Google Meet or Blackboard Ultra. When I use it my laptop crashes and gives the BSOD. I...
  4. BSOD when using Zoom, Google Meet and Blackboard Ultra

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help troubleshooting recurring BSoD when using Google Meets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help troubleshooting recurring BSoD when using Google Meets: My PC has started crashing randomly when using Google Meets in chrome and I've been unable to find the cause. I've checked all drivers and everything seems up to date. I've disabled hardware acceleration in the chrome browser. I've tried switch USB ports for my webcam and...
  6. Need help troubleshooting recurring BSoD when using Google Meets

Need help troubleshooting recurring BSoD when using Google Meets: My PC has started crashing randomly when using Google Meets in chrome and I've been unable to find the cause. I've checked all drivers and everything seems up to date. I've disabled hardware acceleration in the chrome browser. I've tried switch USB ports for my webcam and...
  7. Need help troubleshooting recurring BSoD when using Google Meets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio problem whenever using Google Meet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio problem whenever using Google Meet.: Whenever I am in a Google Meet call or even at the join page of the call, I'm not able to hear the audio of YouTube videos I play in the background. I'm having a lot of listening activities at school in which I need to listen to YouTube videos so please help! Btw, this...
  9. Google meet link not working- No sound and no presentation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google meet link not working- No sound and no presentation: I bought a new hp laptop with windows 10.There is a problem that google meet link is not working properly that no voice and presentation is not coming but my speakers have no fault .I want to sort it out so that i can use my laptop. * Moved from IE other/Windows other *...
  10. Meet the presenter bot, a bot that presents about*bots

Meet the presenter bot, a bot that presents about*bots: I found this at channel 9, and it is probably the most easy to understand definition of bots out there(in my opinion). PresenterBot is an open source project to demonstrate some of the technologies behind bot framework, LUIS, Skype and Bing Speech. You can find the...