Windows 10: DWM.exe stopped working

Discus and support DWM.exe stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've had this issue since far before i upgraded to Win10 but I think you could still help in some ways? As said by the title I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Filonczester, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DWM.exe stopped working

Hey guys, I've had this issue since far before i upgraded to Win10 but I think you could still help in some ways? As said by the title I get the annoying message of DWM.exe has stopped working every time i switch to the desktop or any explorer.exe. I have done sfc scannow and chdsk, which solved problems but not the dwm.exe one. This leads me to believe that this has to do with a graphics driver problem; however all of my drivers are up to date (display, graphics, latest AMD catalyst etc...) So I need your help! Also, I checked Event viewer and found tons of errors and problems that all related with DWM.exe, so do you need any logs?

:)

Filonczester, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 dwm.exe has stopped working

Original title: dwm.exe

how to fix dwm.exe has stopped working windows10

khostadollah, Jul 30, 2015
  3. T_rangi Win User
    Still cant download recommended updates

Thanks for replying first of all the only change in the bios is to turn off the LED lights on mother board.

Error messages today - windows not shut down properly "Used the SFC /scannow & DISM

/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth as recommended today",

yesterday - dwm.exe stopped working (x2) day before windows desktop manager stopped working (x1) dwm.exe stopped working (x2)

I know that I can update each device singly by updating software through device manager but I thought buying the windows 10 disk in December and installed professionally it would be able to install automatically

Haven't tried stopping antivirus yet do that next.

T_rangi, Jul 30, 2015
  4. DWM.exe stopped working

Here's my fix! I just posted on seven forums. My solution was to go to event viewer, see what the errors said and realized that they were pointing to a path with another DWM exe which was actually a virus. (For those wondering it was in a folder called Msupdate71 in the temp folder in the appdata/local of your user. I got rid of it by running malware bytes and deleting every virus, then running roguekiller and deleting the things that were bad, and last of all running TFC or temporary file cleaner, all of these program you can download online. It got rid of the virus and left me with a happy fresh smooth running windows 10!
    DWM.exe stopped working [​IMG]

Filonczester, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

DWM.exe stopped working

1. DWM.exe stopped working - Similar Threads - DWM exe stopped

2. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  3. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  4. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  5. Error .exe stopped working

Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  6. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Helper. exe has stopped working

Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  8. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  9. dwm exe taking too much ram

dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  10. hl2.exe stopped working

hl2.exe stopped working: Hello guys when i want to inject the dll to the game. the log popup crash and wont inject. the dll work on 32 bit system but wont work on 64 idk why. here some information: hl2.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎19/‎2020 4:07 AM Status Report sent...