Windows 10: DWM.exe taking up high memory

Discus and support DWM.exe taking up high memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So i dont know what the problem is. Please dont say use the troubleshooter that doesnt work it says theres nothing wrong and sometimes ill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LucasMcGuire, Sep 8, 2018.

1. DWM.exe taking up high memory

DWM.exe taking up high memory 22706724-0972-445c-9985-44209f1fa8e1?upload=true.png

So i dont know what the problem is. Please dont say use the troubleshooter that doesnt work it says theres nothing wrong and sometimes ill get an error where troubleshooter wont work at all. If you can help that would be greatly appreciated thank you

:)

LucasMcGuire, Sep 8, 2018

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Camels__ Win User
    Desktop Window Manager high memory usage

dwm.exe randomly uses ALOT of memory on my HTPC. I have 8gb ram and after a scheduled nightly restart dwm will use 80% of that memory until I restart again, then the computer runs fine.

I have tried fixes/solutions to other similar posts with dwm issues to no avail.

Any new suggestions to try?

Cheers

Camels__, Sep 9, 2018
  4. GBCrosby Win User

DWM.exe taking up high memory

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

DWM.exe taking up high memory

1. DWM.exe taking up high memory - Similar Threads - DWM exe taking

2. Windows defender taking high memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender taking high memory: I tried turning real-time protection off but it didn't change memory usage in task manager. I tried installing Malwarebytes but Windows defender continued to run. I tried editing registry values but access was denied to me....
  3. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  4. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable taking up high memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable taking up high memory: Info: windows 10 pro64 bit Whenever I turn on my computer, generally 5-10 minutes later it slows down a lot. If i try to interact with it, it can take MINUTES to actually render what ive done. This happened for the first time a couple days ago, so i turned off my computer....
  6. dwm exe taking too much ram

dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  7. DWM high memory usage

DWM high memory usage: So recently i've noticed that Desktop Window Manager has been using A LOT of memory 5.3gb and i have no idea how to fix it. Processor intel i5-9600k 3.70ghz ram-16gb OS build- 19042.804 Nvidia rtx2070...
  8. DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM EXE high memory, anyone know how to fix it: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u7m40go4z8b61.png?width=666&format=png&auto=webp&s=a54ff7e9c58e02b4417c2abc2d4682e8e03c2e36 submitted by /u/mr_griffon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx0o1w/dwm_exe_high_memory_anyone_know_how_to_fix_it/
  9. Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use

Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use: Windows and its problems - literally never ending. Windows 10 is fully updated. Graphics driver is fully updated. DWM service memory usage keeps going up even after killing it and this time around it has peaked. I don't think there is any solution as DWM is part of...
  10. Very high dwm memory usage

Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DWm taking high cpu

2. playing destiny 2 increases memory usage of dwm.exe