Windows 10: DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection

Discus and support DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1 or 2 months ago i noticed that i infected my computer with a CryptoCoinMiner. It disguised itself as a windows process, installed itself into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NikoGötze, Jun 22, 2021.

1. DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection

1 or 2 months ago i noticed that i infected my computer with a CryptoCoinMiner. It disguised itself as a windows process, installed itself into system32 and ran it's process with a fake Windows identification.After countless Virus Removal Tool Scans none of them found that virus so i just removed it manually.I used TcpView and ProcessExplorer to nail it down to a specific *.exe file and blocked the ports as well as removed the file. That suspicious process didn't show up after that anymore.But it seems like that is not the end of the story: a few weeks ago i noticed that my dwm.exe process is

:)

NikoGötze, Jun 22, 2021
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jun 22, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    Can I upgrade to 8GB (4gb * 2) Ram?

In addition to Post #2, I'd suggest looking at Gigabyte's recommended memory list for the board. Unfortunately, they have only tested a few 4GB modules. Most of the correct type may work, especially if you're not looking to go above 1333 Hz.

bobkn, Jun 22, 2021
  4. PaulP204 Win User

DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection

DWM uses lot of CPU

Thanks for your answer and help!

I performed the suggested actions, but unfortunately no result. I just repeated the troubleshooting but no results.

This morning the same occurred DWM took lots of CPU and UI is slowing down to unworkable. It took 10-15 min and then is was normal again.

Is there Anything I can Do?

Thanks,

Paul

PaulP204, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection

1. DWM.exe using 30-40% CPU and 2-4GB of RAM, also creating a suspicious connection - Similar Threads - DWM exe using

2. Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle: I am running on win 11 laptop . Recently I have been experiencing high usage CPU usage in the windows explorer even when the system has a idle. I couldn't end task the process , If I end task it it is again starting within a few seconds. And another important thing is the...
  3. Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer explorer.exe using 30 - 40 % of CPU when idle: I am running on win 11 laptop . Recently I have been experiencing high usage CPU usage in the windows explorer even when the system has a idle. I couldn't end task the process , If I end task it it is again starting within a few seconds. And another important thing is the...
  4. Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%: Recently I felt like the system is underperforming, checked the Task Manager and saw the Task Scheduler CPU load. In the Task Scheduler the only enabled tasks are the ones that are located within the Windows group. Is there any way to tell which task is causing this?I tried...
  5. Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: constant CPU load 30-40%: Recently I felt like the system is underperforming, checked the Task Manager and saw the Task Scheduler CPU load. In the Task Scheduler the only enabled tasks are the ones that are located within the Windows group. Is there any way to tell which task is causing this?I tried...
  6. Windows powershell using 3gb of ram, also suspicious startup that cant remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows powershell using 3gb of ram, also suspicious startup that cant remove: I dont know if powershell comes with windows 10 or no, or i was careless trying to install some android fixing tools and they had a package of different programs and if this was one of them, when i saw chinese text on that installer ofc i stopped it but idk some stuff might...
  7. Windows using 4GB ram at idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows using 4GB ram at idle: I noticed that my windows is using 4GB of ram 2x4GB 1666MHz, my motherboard supports maximum of 1333.I tried this: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9qhk6x/if_your_computer_is_using_around_4050_ram_while/ but it didn't changed anything.I also tried this...
  8. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  9. dwm using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    dwm using too much RAM: My dwm.exe is using more than 1.5 gigs of my RAM at times when I have 3 windows open. I7-9750H 8GB 2666mhz RAM in single channel How can I decrease it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-using-too-much-ram/15cc45dd-0b8d-46a1-bad5-fd966aa635d0
  10. System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System using 30-40% cpu as soon as i connect My harddisk: Laptop Model: HP Notebook - 15-ay009tx OS: Windows 10 I was using WD harddrive from 4 years but from past update of windows 1909 my cpu usage went high. Its like my system.msc file using 30-40 percent of my CPU which cause high heat and battery drainage. I also brought...