Windows 10: dwm.exe using too much GPU

Discus and support dwm.exe using too much GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad P50s, which has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU, and a dedicated NVIDIA Quadro M500M GPU. When I run some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexHoffman98, Apr 16, 2020.

1. dwm.exe using too much GPU

I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad P50s, which has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU, and a dedicated NVIDIA Quadro M500M GPU.

When I run some applications, such as Rainmeter, Chrome, or a game, the process "dwm.exe" Desktop Window Manager is using up to 70% of my integrated GPU. This really slows down my computer, depending on how much the integrated card is being used. For now, I can move processes to my dedicated GPU, but I'd like to stop dwm.exe from using so much of my integrated GPU. Is there a known fix for this issue?

I recently updated from Windows 1903 to 1909, but I'm not sure if that's related. I only recently noticed dwm.exe, but it may have been having this issue before I updated.

:)

AlexHoffman98, Apr 16, 2020

2. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher

And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not

liorgordon, Apr 16, 2020
  3. ricardobohner, Apr 16, 2020
  4. dwm.exe using too much GPU

Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Hey everyone,

i got the same Problem since two days. My PC configuration is a Gigabyte 2070 Super 8GB and a Ryzen 7 3700X and ive got every update from Windows and Geforce experience. I am wondering why Windows doesnt said anything to this Problem after seeing this thread
    being 20 Pages Long. Does anybody tried These Solutions
    https://appuals.com/fix-desktop-window-manager-high-cpu-usage-dwm-exe/
    ?

First i thought the cause is Google Chrome because it made high gpu and Volt usage too but after an uninstall the Problem was still there.

Is there any Suggestion how to solve the Problem. If this link is working please tell me.

Supergamerbro28, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

dwm.exe using too much GPU

1. dwm.exe using too much GPU - Similar Threads - dwm exe using

2. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu: After upgrading my cpu from a ryzen 5 2600 to 5600, everytime I play a game, specially warzone. I get very high GPU usage from a system app which is ntoskrnl.exe, like around 20-60% of gpu is taken up and lowers my fps ingame by a large amount. this is the first time ive...
  3. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu: After upgrading my cpu from a ryzen 5 2600 to 5600, everytime I play a game, specially warzone. I get very high GPU usage from a system app which is ntoskrnl.exe, like around 20-60% of gpu is taken up and lowers my fps ingame by a large amount. this is the first time ive...
  4. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DWM extreme GPU usage.

DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  6. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  7. dwm exe taking too much ram

dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  8. dwm using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    dwm using too much RAM: My dwm.exe is using more than 1.5 gigs of my RAM at times when I have 3 windows open. I7-9750H 8GB 2666mhz RAM in single channel How can I decrease it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-using-too-much-ram/15cc45dd-0b8d-46a1-bad5-fd966aa635d0
  9. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

Dwm and csrss using my gpu: Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not...
  10. too much shared memory with the gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much shared memory with the gpu: I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card. Bad enough the swap file eats up more of my SSD but this seems to be excessive at allocating 12 GB of shared memory. That is 50% of all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwm.exe Desktop Window Manager