Windows 10: dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped System Hang Windows 10

Discus and support dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped System Hang Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing issue in Windows 10 1909 VM in VMware envoirement that it hangs and i am unable to take session or do any work on it. Below is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KashanNawaz, May 29, 2020.

1. dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped System Hang Windows 10

Hi,

I am facing issue in Windows 10 1909 VM in VMware envoirement that it hangs and i am unable to take session or do any work on it. Below is the error details.

The program dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: a61c

Start Time: 01d634d81c7b1461

Termination Time: 60000

Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe

Report Id: f0b1c589-91fc-4212-94d6-d96690913389

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

I also face the same issue previously on desktop and older version of windows. Now it is fresh installation and also updated Windows and VM but still same issue. I have also another machines with same specs and software but this issue happens only on 1 system.

Need a solution for this.

Regards

Kashan Nawaz

:)

KashanNawaz, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. ricardobohner, May 29, 2020
  4. dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped System Hang Windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 29, 2020
Thema:

dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped System Hang Windows 10

1. dwm.exe version 10.0.18362.387 stopped System Hang Windows 10 - Similar Threads - dwm exe version

2. Windows 10 is stopping a download exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 is stopping a download exe file: I've been attempting to download an exe. file but get the following, "Install.exe was blocked because it could harm your device". The exe file is safe so I've gone into Defender / App & Browser Control / Reputation based protection / Potentially unwanted app blocking and...
  3. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  4. Windows 10 exe file stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 exe file stopped working: Hi, my pc have problem. All .exe file can't work well, just pop up this application stopped working. Even wizard also stopped working. Help..... But google can work well, the windows was up to date....
  5. Windows 10 Version 20H2 causing system hangs not crashes or BSOD

Windows 10 Version 20H2 causing system hangs not crashes or BSOD: Hi there, I have an odd issue with the 20H2 update for Windows 10. I installed yesterday and almost immediately started having issues as described below. Intermittently the system seems to hang. I can still move the cursor and I can still interact with apps and open the...
  6. Windows 10 system randomly hangs

Windows 10 system randomly hangs: Hello, i have a problem that struggles me a long time now... I dont usually post here, so please forgive me if i do any mistakes explaining etc. i have a machine with win10 Pro latest updates installed system is right after format and only a few programs needed as the pc...
  7. Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed: Hi Experts, I have Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Installed. Windows 10 Version 20H2 appears in my updates to download and install. My concern is should I not first install Windows Version 1909 Final first and then May 2020 before I install 20H2? Regards...
  8. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  9. 2 minute hang on Windows Logo during boot (Windows 10 18362)

2 minute hang on Windows Logo during boot (Windows 10 18362): About a week ago my system started hanging for 2 minutes on the Windows spinning circle during boot. After the 2 min hang, it continues to boot normally and all seems well. I captured the point during boot in the Windows System Event Logs: [ATTACH] Nothing about the...
  10. Update to Version 1809 hangs system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Version 1809 hangs system: I have 2 desktops that I attempted to download Version 1809. I did them one at a time and the 1st download worked perfectly with no problem, however the 2nd download gets to 80 % download and just hangs up the system. Your ideas please, thanks. I just returned from the...