Windows 10: Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

Discus and support Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently noticed that dwm started to use way more memory than it needs and I couldn't find a solution so far from what I've seen. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chuckdankst, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

So I recently noticed that dwm started to use way more memory than it needs and I couldn't find a solution so far from what I've seen.

submitted by /u/chuckdankst
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chuckdankst, Mar 2, 2021

2. Runaway memory usage

On your suggestion I went to uninstall AVG. It offered to go into an on-demand mode (I can't remember the word it used to describe).
    So I tried that instead of uninstalling. Upon reboot everything seemed unchanged. High CPU usage, memory growth, no good.

So I ran the uninstall. This moved along step by step ... until the last step (titled: replacing files) never completed. It left behind a bunch of its stuff in Program Files:
    Code:
    So I have a bunch of leftover crap ... which I'll probably just delete.

Anyway, after rebooting it seems that all is well. CPU usage is near zero. The fans are quiet. (Computer fans, not football fans!) *chuckle

Thanks for the quick reply.

margrave55, Mar 2, 2021
  3. 0158MK Win User
    Very high dwm memory usage

How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.
    Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage. [​IMG]

0158MK, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

100% Memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if this helps.

You need to increase the virtual memory by making it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive
    in each drive.

To do this, follow the steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

1. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage. - Similar Threads - Dwm higher 3gb

2. Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes: So I've just installed Windows 11 on my new laptop, and have been installing all the drivers and programs I need. When going to the task manager, I noticed that my memory usage in the Performance tab of Task Manager is aroud 6 gb, but in the Processes tab, it only adds up to...
  3. Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes: So I've just installed Windows 11 on my new laptop, and have been installing all the drivers and programs I need. When going to the task manager, I noticed that my memory usage in the Performance tab of Task Manager is aroud 6 gb, but in the Processes tab, it only adds up to...
  4. Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes: My computer is a fairly decent one, built for gaming and higher speed quality. I have been having performance issues that seem to get worse with time, and I'm not entirely sure why. For example, running games that my computer should be able to handle and used to be able to...
  5. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  6. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  7. DWM high memory usage

DWM high memory usage: So recently i've noticed that Desktop Window Manager has been using A LOT of memory 5.3gb and i have no idea how to fix it. Processor intel i5-9600k 3.70ghz ram-16gb OS build- 19042.804 Nvidia rtx2070...
  8. Very high dwm memory usage

Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800
  9. Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.: Hi, Recently my Memory and Disk usage have been higher than normal e.g my memory used to sit about 10-15% with only firefox open now runs up to 40% and disk averaged 3% with again just firefox open and now goes up to 20% at random. The disk usage problem is being caused by...
  10. RAM memory idling higher than normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM memory idling higher than normal: So I let my dad use my laptop for work over the weekend. He left open maybe 30 tabs between word, pdf, and chrome; some downloads too. I noticed my RAM memory is now idling at 30%. I read that this is due to cached data? How can I remedy this? submitted by /u/Yintwin...