Windows 10: DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager

Discus and support DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently I have noticed that the memory usage is large for DWM on my lenovo legion gaming laptop. It could have used a large amount prior to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lewismao, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Lewismao Win User

DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager

Hi, recently I have noticed that the memory usage is large for DWM on my lenovo legion gaming laptop. It could have used a large amount prior to me noticing it as I haven't really ever checked the task manager. It goes up to 250MB. Also just to note that the laptop won't have anything open and the RAM just sits at the large amount.

I have tried everything to make it go down. It's currently set up so there is a monitor and the laptop set up with extended display. When I take out the HDMI plug from the laptop the RAM for DWM goes down significantly.

Now I wouldn't have thought anything of the RAM usage being high apart from the fact that I have another laptop that I use that uses the second monitor with the HDMI cable and the RAM used is always around 20MB. This laptop is a HP Laptop and the two laptops are never plugged in or used at the same time.

I am not sure what I can do to make the memory usage go down.

I apologise if anything comes off as ignorant and I appreciate any assistance!

:)

Lewismao, Mar 16, 2021

2. Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Hey everyone,

i got the same Problem since two days. My PC configuration is a Gigabyte 2070 Super 8GB and a Ryzen 7 3700X and ive got every update from Windows and Geforce experience. I am wondering why Windows doesnt said anything to this Problem after seeing this thread
    being 20 Pages Long. Does anybody tried These Solutions
    https://appuals.com/fix-desktop-window-manager-high-cpu-usage-dwm-exe/
    ?

First i thought the cause is Google Chrome because it made high gpu and Volt usage too but after an uninstall the Problem was still there.

Is there any Suggestion how to solve the Problem. If this link is working please tell me.

Supergamerbro28, Mar 16, 2021
  3. CJHook Win User
    Desktop Window Manager: extremely high RAM usage

I've attached an image of what I am seeing when DWM is using high RAM:

DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager 8929ceac-0a68-4c48-98b0-f4682d597df8.jpg

So:

Hardware reserved: 40Mb

In Use: 6623 Mb

Modified: 57 Mb

Standby: 1462 Mb

Free: 10 Mb

My Windows is 64 bit and there is 8 Gb RAM installed.

CJHook, Mar 16, 2021
  4. BobY5 Win User

desktop window manager

Desktop Window Manager is not listed under services.msc. How can I get DWM back? Thank you.

BobY5, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager - Similar Threads - DWM RAM HIGH

2. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  3. desktop window manager high RAM usage

desktop window manager high RAM usage: my pc is dell xps 15 updated to window 11. desktop window manager noted to have high RAM usage occasionally ranging from 3000 Mb to 10, 000 Mb please help...
  4. Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage

Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage: Ever since I got a new monitor, desktop window manager reaches incredible RAM usage. I've seen it allocate 43gb of RAM and use 7.5gbI have 16gb of RAM. Desktop windows manager will slowly increase its RAM usage until I black screen and it gets reset. Does anyone have a fix...
  5. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  6. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  7. DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER HIGH RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER HIGH RAM: Of-late desktop window manager uses high memory when i wake my pc up from sleep. Also I've noticed that when I turn off my laptop and later turn it onsay maybe an hour later, antimalware executable and desktop wndow manager both uses high ram. I don't know why....
  8. high desktop windows manager ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high desktop windows manager ram usage: I checked my task manager, and my desktop window manager takes up over 1000 mb, about as much a fully fledged and heavy game, about as much as adobe, about as much as a browser with many atbs open, is that normal? if not how do i fix it? submitted by /u/danielis3 [link]...
  9. Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use: Windows and its problems - literally never ending. Windows 10 is fully updated. Graphics driver is fully updated. DWM service memory usage keeps going up even after killing it and this time around it has peaked. I don't think there is any solution as DWM is part of...
  10. High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager: [ATTACH] Since last couple of months I have been experiencing high RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager (up to even 3 GB). Can someone please confirm if it is normal or should I worry about this case.I have my new laptop optimized and also the specs are pretty good (9750H,...