Windows 10: dwm using 5 gb of memory

Discus and support dwm using 5 gb of memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i dont know how to fix thisignore firefox processat idle with nothing open i use 70% of ram just from dwmnothing appears on task manager so i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Default_130, Aug 7, 2021.

1. dwm using 5 gb of memory

i dont know how to fix thisignore firefox processat idle with nothing open i use 70% of ram just from dwmnothing appears on task manager so i have to see it on process hacker

:)

Default_130, Aug 7, 2021
  2. James Win User

Why does Win 10 Desktop Window Manager use so much memory 5+GB

Why does Windows 10 Desktop Window Manager consume so much memory? What is it doing with all that RAM? I have 16 GB of RAM and DWM is consuming 5+GB of it.

dwm using 5 gb of memory GKae5.png

James, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 7, 2021
  4. dwm using 5 gb of memory

Desktop Window Manager Memory Leak

I understand that you can not see in trace the total depletion of memory
    in 5 minutes. As initially informed
    the depletion occurs just over 2 hours of
    increased consumption by DWM.

Next image show DWM with 13 GB virtual memory committed and using 3 GB RAM! This never happen before Win10 anniversary update.

dwm using 5 gb of memory 4f074c88-4598-4141-8453-b9cb223c8ac2.png

See trace image below, DWM committing more and more virtual memory over 1800 seg and "Zero and Free Lists" dropping (first ETL archive).

dwm using 5 gb of memory f6ad0fab-2279-4594-991d-d48582990bfd.png

The problem really exists, no matter how we call it.

I thank you for your interest in helping until now.

Is there anything else I can provide in order to find solution to this problem that must
    be affecting thousands of other users
    gamers?

Jean Bolão, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

dwm using 5 gb of memory

1. dwm using 5 gb of memory - Similar Threads - dwm using memory

2. 10+GB memory in use at idle, Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    10+GB memory in use at idle, Windows 11 22H2: 10.9 GB memory used as shown in the task manager, yet at the same time, all of the processes currently running only took about 4GB memory. Does this means that the system is using 6GB of mem when idling?...
  3. MoUSO uses 16 GB memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MoUSO uses 16 GB memory: Should I do something? I feel that the memory usage is too high.MoUSO uses 16 GB memory even if processor usage is below 2%, most of the time 0%.OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProOS Version: 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041...
  4. DWM memory leak problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM memory leak problems: Like many people, I've suddenly started having memory leak problems with Desktop Window Manager, getting as high as 4.4GB which isnt good for my little 16GB laptop. It seems universally accepted that it's caused by a faulty Intel river for the Intel HD 630 and I've seen a...
  5. DWM high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM high memory usage: So recently i've noticed that Desktop Window Manager has been using A LOT of memory 5.3gb and i have no idea how to fix it. Processor intel i5-9600k 3.70ghz ram-16gb OS build- 19042.804 Nvidia rtx2070...
  6. Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dwm higher than 3gb memory usage.: So I recently noticed that dwm started to use way more memory than it needs and I couldn't find a solution so far from what I've seen. submitted by /u/chuckdankst [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwewhv/dwm_higher_than_3gb_memory_usage/
  7. Why is my Desktop Window Manager dwm using so much memory?

Why is my Desktop Window Manager dwm using so much memory?: [ATTACH] Why does this happen and how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-desktop-window-manager-dwm-using-so-much/404d4ebd-517d-4f00-bd62-97ae7e4c9a17
  8. Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use

Desktop Windows Manager DWM 5GB - High Memory Use: Windows and its problems - literally never ending. Windows 10 is fully updated. Graphics driver is fully updated. DWM service memory usage keeps going up even after killing it and this time around it has peaked. I don't think there is any solution as DWM is part of...
  9. Very high dwm memory usage

Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800
  10. gb used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    gb used: My system seems to be a little high on GB used (92) for what is installed. What should be the average usage?: 17404