Windows 10: DWM + Xbox Series X Controlller prevents display from sleep

Discus and support DWM + Xbox Series X Controlller prevents display from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.804 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Xbox Controller Driver Version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Orbmu2k, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Orbmu2k Win User

DWM + Xbox Series X Controlller prevents display from sleep

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2
    Build 19042.804
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Xbox Controller Driver Version: 10.0.19041.610

As soon as you connect the Xbox Series X Controller and do one single input from it, the windows idle system is broken.

No screensaver, system sleep, display sleep will happen anymore because GetLastInputInfo detects ongoing input events.

Killing DWM process and automatic restarting will fix this problem until you touch the controller again.

Weird on this bug is, this only happens with "Xbox Series X Controller" with "Xbox One X Controller" there is no issue.

:)

Orbmu2k, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles

Source: App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles - Windows Developer Blog

See also: Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X Launch November 10

Brink, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-33ab671179b5

Brink, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How to make sure your TV is ready for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

Source: You're Ready to Power Your Dreams - Is Your TV? - Xbox Wire

See also: Xbox Series X|S FAQ - Xbox Support

Brink, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. DWM + Xbox Series X Controlller prevents display from sleep - Similar Threads - DWM Xbox Series

2. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  6. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  7. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Streaming xbox series x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming xbox series x: The xbox companion app is telling me it doesn't support series x. SO how do I stream the games on pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streaming-xbox-series-x/6f386c73-85f3-4385-b3c6-26f4e3ddb380
  9. Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

in Windows 10 News
    Known Issues on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S: Hi there,What an exciting time! The Xbox Series X|S have both launched and we hope you are enjoying your time with the next generation of gaming! In the event you do run in to any issues though, we have you covered. Some issues might be known issues and we have the proper...
  10. Backward Compatibility on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

in Windows 10 News
    Backward Compatibility on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S: [ATTACH] As gamers, we know how important it is to preserve and respect your gaming legacy. We believe your favorite games and franchises, your progression and achievements, your Xbox One gaming accessories and the friendships and communities you create through gaming...