Windows 10: DX11 CRASH

Discus and support DX11 CRASH in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.Guys can u help me. Recently my game is crashing and it says Maybe if you use directx 11 problem will be fixed. I am playing the game on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SelçukBüyüklü, Oct 1, 2021.

1. DX11 CRASH

Hello.Guys can u help me. Recently my game is crashing and it says Maybe if you use directx 11 problem will be fixed. I am playing the game on directx12 but my pc is directx 12. If i run the game on directx 12, Will problem be fixed?

:)

SelçukBüyüklü, Oct 1, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 1, 2021
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

@Burgurne,

If the game is only DX11, then even if you have a DX12 GPU (video card), and a DX12 OS (Windows 10), the game will only run is DX11 as that the mode the game was designed to run in. In order to run in DX12 mode you need 3 things....

• Game must be a DX12 title
    • GPU must be DX12 capable
    • OS must support DX12
    If any of those things at missing, the game will run in the lowest DX mode available to the lowest item. In your case it appears the game is only DX11 capable, so your DX mode will be 11. Also be aware that the DX API is backwards compatible, which means DX12 can play older DX games - 8 - 11 for example. That even though the OS is DX12 capable, doesn't mean a DX9 title is automatically elevated to DX12.

Here's a list of DX12 supported games - List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW What is the game title in question?

sygnus21, Oct 1, 2021
  4. Burgurne Win User

DX11 CRASH

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

Yes, I know that if a game is listed as DX11, then it will stay at DX11, but as I wrote in #0, there are these 4 files in the gamedir after installing the game:
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11_UWP.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D12.win64.dll
    GFSDK_SSAO_D3D12_UWP.win64.dll

And it looks to me, as if the last file is in fact DX12 in a 64bit windows, but how to activate it?

The game is this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/515220/F1_2017/
    and it is a DX11 game, but with some dx12 files in gamedir after an update.

Burgurne, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

DX11 CRASH

1. DX11 CRASH - Similar Threads - DX11 CRASH

2. How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?: I want to run Project Nova but apon opening I get a white box that tells me I need DX11 Level 10 to run it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-dx12-to-dx11/bc3068a9-ba71-4201-96ae-b4b894e5ff1f
  3. How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?: I want to run Project Nova but apon opening I get a white box that tells me I need DX11 Level 10 to run it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-dx12-to-dx11/bc3068a9-ba71-4201-96ae-b4b894e5ff1f
  4. Dx11 error

Dx11 error: hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 so this started when I reinstalled Windows 10 because I had problems with the update which always had an error.after I reinstalled I installed everything needed to play games such as net.framework and directx but after I tried playing...
  5. Program Video Game crashes to desktop on DX11 & DX12 Games Bucket ID:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Video Game crashes to desktop on DX11 & DX12 Games Bucket ID:...: Summary:My computer keeps crashing to desktop on any newer games, and I just assumed it was a because the games were new and wouldn't play them for a time. It's been around a year and it's the same games, Elden Ring, Warhammer III, Hogwart's Legacy, etc, same issue. I've been...
  6. Program Video Game crashes to desktop on DX11 & DX12 Games Bucket ID:...

Program Video Game crashes to desktop on DX11 & DX12 Games Bucket ID:...: Summary:My computer keeps crashing to desktop on any newer games, and I just assumed it was a because the games were new and wouldn't play them for a time. It's been around a year and it's the same games, Elden Ring, Warhammer III, Hogwart's Legacy, etc, same issue. I've been...
  7. Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11: Summary:My computer keeps crashing to desktop on any newer games, and I just assumed it was a because the games were new and wouldn't play them for a time. It's been around a year and it's the same games, Elden Ring, Warhammer III, Hogwart's Legacy, etc, same issue. I've been...
  8. Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11

Program Video Game crashes on DX12 & DX11: Summary:My computer keeps crashing to desktop on any newer games, and I just assumed it was a because the games were new and wouldn't play them for a time. It's been around a year and it's the same games, Elden Ring, Warhammer III, Hogwart's Legacy, etc, same issue. I've been...
  9. Final Fantasy XIV crashes, gives DX11 errors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Final Fantasy XIV crashes, gives DX11 errors: Not sure if this is in any way related to the dreaded 11002 error or not, but I've disabled my overlays (Discord, which stopped working a long time ago anyway, Microsoft Gamebar, and GeForce Experience) just in case. I've tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling my drivers,...
  10. New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD: Brand new parts, everything brand new. boots fine, stays on all night, passes several gpu benchmark tests with flying colors. just testing on FFxiv atm, plays great, randomly crashes with a common dx11 crash code, running in dx9 BSOD's my pc, and occasionally the dx11 one...