Windows 10: DXGI device removed on any game! HELP!

Discus and support DXGI device removed on any game! HELP! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently built this new rig for gaming and I constantly get a directx error saying my gpu is removed. I have done every fix in every forum about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by knip1112, Mar 23, 2019.

1. knip1112 Win User

DXGI device removed on any game! HELP!

I have recently built this new rig for gaming and I constantly get a directx error saying my gpu is removed. I have done every fix in every forum about this. Clean windows install, all windows updates installed, GPU drivers from manufacturer installed, mobo drivers installed and bios flashed to current. Nothing has worked except for changing tdr timing in windows registry. That fixes certain games but not the underlying issue.

Gigabyte b450m ds3h
    2x8gb ddr4 corsair vengeance lpx 2400mhz
    evga gtx 1660ti
    corsair rm850x PSU
    Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
    windows 10 pro

Please I need help this is annoying. I have tried 4 different hard drives with fresh windows 10
    I have redone and done all drivers many times
    I bought a new power supply so now I have 2 of the same
    my ram runs memtest for hours no problem
    this doesn't seem like a hardware issue it seems like windows driver issues

:)

knip1112, Mar 23, 2019

2. DXGI Error Device Hung/Removed

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might have caused due to corrupted/ outdated graphics drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check if the NVIDIA graphics card is detected in device manager. If it is detected, update it's drivers and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• In the list of Hardware categories, double-click the category your device is in and then double-tap the device you want. For example, to see your video card, click Display adapters, and then double-click the video
      card name.

• Click the Driver tab, click
      Update Driver
      , and then follow the instructions. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2019
  3. DXGI Error Device Hung/Removed

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

One of the reasons why this issue might have occurred is due to insufficient graphics support.

-Which game are you trying to play?

-Do you fulfill all the necessary hardware requirements? like graphics and others etc?

If the issue still persists.

For the better suited support on this issue, i suggest you refer our gaming support forum, refer the below link.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx.

Let us know if this helps or post back for further support.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 23, 2019
  4. DXGI device removed on any game! HELP!

DXGI Error Device Hung/Removed

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know if you have installed any third party anti-virus software on your device?

This issue might have occurred after installing any updates/ third part applications.

Hence, to avoid the conflict of third party applications I suggest you to deploy Clean boot and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

DXGI device removed on any game! HELP!

1. DXGI device removed on any game! HELP! - Similar Threads - DXGI device removed

2. DXGI error on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXGI error on PC: I'm getting an error throughout everything I have done on my computer. I have uninstalled DirectX and installed it again several times but it is just unplayable to play my favorite game which is FiveM. I have no idea what caused this issue in which is why I am here for help....
  3. DXGI error on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DXGI error on PC: I'm getting an error throughout everything I have done on my computer. I have uninstalled DirectX and installed it again several times but it is just unplayable to play my favorite game which is FiveM. I have no idea what caused this issue in which is why I am here for help....
  4. DXGI Bug related to two GPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DXGI Bug related to two GPUs: I have a two GPU setup, a desktop computer with both an AMD and an Nvidia card installed. If I have the display port plugged into the Nvidia card and run the DX12 application on the AMD, or vice versa. I get this error:ERROR: ID3D12CommandQueue::ExecuteCommandLists:...
  5. PUA:Win32/Presenoker. Any help on how to remove this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PUA:Win32/Presenoker. Any help on how to remove this?: I've been having some problems after doing a deeper search into the Windows Security and the actions it recommends me to take, all of which I have tried and failed. There is a PUA called Win32/Presenoker and I'm struggling to remove it. I've looked at many other questions...
  6. Help with bluetooth dongle that will not connect with any device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with bluetooth dongle that will not connect with any device.: I've been struggling with this issue for quite some time to no success troubleshooting on my own. I am attempting to connect either my keyboard or headphones via bluetooth to a dongle. None of this works correctly. When I check the event viewer I get The Security Manager...
  7. DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD and Engine Error DXGI Device Removed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD and Engine Error DXGI Device Removed: I've been getting the BSOD for awhile but just recently the engine error has started crashing my games every time. Now sure if it's windows drivers, or one I've installed myself. Here's my system information....
  8. Unable to remove device in any way.

Unable to remove device in any way.: Gear IconX C54DRemove FailedGear IconX C54D is my Bluetooth earphone. I tried to uninstall the device because it didn't work, but "remove failed" appears. so I deleted all directly related devices in Device Manager. However as you can see, the device is still not removed,...
  9. Help, bluetooth device will not be removed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, bluetooth device will not be removed.: i've tried absolutely everything i've found Just trying from bluetooth menu, failed control panel as admin, failed editing registry value, still there deleting system 32 bluetooth files, still there. I don't know what else to do. submitted by /u/proffessorbiscuit [link]...
  10. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.: I accidentally "removed" my apple airpods from my PC, I meant to disconnect. I cannot find the device anymore. I went to Device Manager, then I downloaded a few third party applications, Ghostbuster and Devmanview, to try to find the airpods. I cannot find anything that...