Windows 10: dxgmms1.sys BSOD on older game (2006 and below)

Discus and support dxgmms1.sys BSOD on older game (2006 and below) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greeting. I keep getting the BSOD described above on some of the old game I recently purchase on STEAM The list of game Star Wars Republic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Faiz5595, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Faiz5595 Win User

dxgmms1.sys BSOD on older game (2006 and below)

Greeting.

I keep getting the BSOD described above on some of the old game I recently purchase on STEAM

The list of game
    • Star Wars Republic Commando
    • Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

WhoCrashes V5.51 Stated that the system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

The problem come from DirectX Graphics MMS

My O.S is Windows 10 Pro 64bit and I just reinstalling my graphic driver and run a memory test yesterday and no error detected.

:)

Faiz5595, Jan 9, 2016
  2. ms001123 Win User

Irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) BSOD error.

Original title: BSOD

Im getting page fault in nonpage are,irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) bsod`s. Can some1 please help me.

ms001123, Jan 9, 2016
  3. ms001123 Win User
    Irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) BSOD error.

Im getting page fault in nonpage are,irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) bsod`s. Can some1 please help me.

ms001123, Jan 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Faiz5595,

The games you mention are released 10-11 years ago.
    My guess is that those games aren't updated anymore and thus do not support Windows 10.

If the games have been updated since the release of Windows 10, please let me know and I'll take a look at the zip for you *Smile

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  5. Faiz5595 Win User
    well, the only game that has some update (patch 9.4) is vampire the masquerade : bloodlines. The patch is an unofficial patch create by ex-troika employee.

Faiz5595, Jan 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    So, no games have had official updates since Windows 10?

We can try to troubleshoot, but I do not think there would be an easy solution if any is possible (or you have a lot of luck *Smile)

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  7. Faiz5595 Win User
    Not sure what is happening to my laptop but right now every single game including the latest game like armored warfare, cities skyline, star trek online, world of warships and many other game in my Steam Library give the dxgmms1.sys BSOD after 15 to 20 minute in game after update KB3124263 is installed on my laptop 2 days ago.

Faiz5595, Jan 15, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Graphics drivers are incompatible with the update, at least that is most often the cause after patches.

Please try to update/reinstall/downgrade the graphics drivers.

9. Faiz5595 Win User
    Ok, I just got KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED dxgmms1.sys. BSOD while playing Skyrim. I did reinstalled my graphic driver 2 days ago from AMD website

Faiz5595, Jan 19, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Upload a zip from the dm log collector for analysis.

11. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 59874
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys 1: kd> lmvm atikmdagstart end module name fffff801`6f2e0000 fffff801`707ea000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174) CheckSum: 014ADEC6 ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. dxgmms1.sys BSOD on older game (2006 and below) - Similar Threads - dxgmms1 sys BSOD

2. older game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older game compatibility: I have Scrabble for XP and it is running about 5 minutes in Windows 10 then it freezes..I was hoping someone could help me fine tune the compatibility settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-game-compatibility/471bbb41-aa6c-4db5-919d-80136860d27a
  3. Older Games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older Games: Hello, I have a lot of old cd-rom games from the early 90's. I was just wondering if there is anyway to get them to install or get them to work on windows 10. I have done the backwards compatibility attempts and they haven't been working. I was just wondering if they work...
  4. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  5. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...
  6. HELP dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, atikmpag.sys constantly causing BSODs

HELP dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, atikmpag.sys constantly causing BSODs: I started fixing BSODs from when I first installed Windows 10 Home. See here: BSOD - Fresh Windows 10 64 Bit Install - Maybe Hardware problems I have now updated to the latest Windows Build I believe. I have installed some motherboard software. I have installed the latest...
  7. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
  10. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
Tags: